One Panel Brighter Than The Other

MindSoup

Hello chums 

I've got a Par+ 280 I got refurbished off dial a duck a while back, think it's the first generation maybe? It's a 2 panel light running off a single driver and recently I realised that one is brighter than the other, something like 10-15%.

For the most part I can hang them at different heights to even out the PPFD, but once I get near the top of the tent that's no longer possible. I'm hoping there's a way to fix it because it's starting to wind me up a bit. It did come with a 3 year warranty but with Adam sadly going out of business it's not much use now. 

Another problem that might be related is that below about 30% on the dimmer the light doesn't come back on with the timer, you have to  turn the lights power switch off and back on again or turn the dimmer back up to get it to power on. I can work around this most of the time, so it doesn't really bother me but thought it was worth mentioning in case it might be a clue to the other problem. 

TIA

E2A info about driver

Edited by MindSoup

Just the one driver, not sure if it would make any difference but the panel it's mounted too is the brighter of the two. 

Just now, MindSoup said:

Just the one driver, not sure if it would make any difference but the panel it's mounted too is the brighter of the two. 

Could there be a bit of electrical resistance in one of the connections on the board not delivering full current? Maybe trying to clean/reseat everything might solve it or eliminate some things from the problem.

• Like 1

Not sure Black Shadow has already mentioned it with swapping outputs, but could try swapping the led boards over to eliminate if it's a fault in that.