Ac infinity plug

Daniel151

3 minutes ago, Daniel151 said:

So I've taken a punt on 2 of these

https://a.co/d/btlJ5zn

£51 delivered 

You might get import tax on it, it's weird btw, I bought my controller 67 from the US Zon and didn't pay a penny, iirc I had a 53c rebate a month or so later :D You shouldn't post links to shops mate,  Guidelines - UK420

• Like 1

Just now, Flamedodger said:

You might get import tax on it, it's weird btw,

Nope, import tax starts for goods worth £135 or more, unless it's summat that succumbs to excise duty.

From uk.gov...

"You will not have to pay anything to the delivery company to receive goods worth less than £135 unless they’re gifts over £39 or excise goods (for example, alcohol and tobacco)."

Edited by Zipster
Spelling

55 minutes ago, Daniel151 said:

So I've taken a punt on 2 of the US ac infinity plugs

£51 delivered 

29 minutes ago, Flamedodger said:

You might get import tax on it, it's weird btw, I bought my controller 67 from the US Zon and didn't pay a penny, iirc I had a 53c rebate a month or so later :D You shouldn't post links to shops mate,  Guidelines - UK420

18 minutes ago, Daniel151 said:

Link removed sorry

No worries, please feel free to post back some feedback in the AC Infinity Controller 69 owners thread; 

These plugs are pretty new using the UIS cables, but dehumidifier and heaters have their own thermostat, and I’m not sure they’re always designed to be off/on at the wall, they mostly run on their own settings, which might be reset by powering off at the wall.. just a thought. I imagine they’re great for 3rd party or DIY/supplementary LED’s, but unnecessary for equipment with their own controls? 

I like to use separate controllers for my heat mats and tube heaters outside on my AC eco system.

My tube heaters have a thermostat knob but it's very unreliable at being stable for the changes between lights on and off, so I have it hooked up to a thermostat with probe and have the knob set to full.

Heat mats reason is self explanatory.

Update on the usa ac plug.

Ordered 2 from Amazon US monday and arrived yesterday. £51 delivered. Works perfect. You just need to convert from usa plug to uk

• 2 weeks later...

I did the same, no extra taxes, fast delivery.

As mentioned you need 2 plug connectors....or trick your plugs.

I use the dehumidifier connected but is better the thermostat of the machine more than the controller.

The dehumidifier has a secure parameter range in which to switch off and on. While the controller limit this option ( you can trigger the temperature) but I noticed that also in this case it turn on and off several time the dehumidifier ( which in my opinion is not good for the machine itself).

I will use for the heating if I will afford it and/or light.