Guanokalong complete organics with coco coir. 

Eldo

As per the title I been looking into guanokalong complete organics with coco coir. 

According to their website mix 8g/litre of Coco to start then topdress 8g/litre first week of 12/12 followed by 3g/litre at week 4

Has anyone tried this?

Seems like an easy way to use Coco without faffing around with ph & ec pens plus it's organic 

Edited by Eldo

Are there any sort of liquid/fast release nutrients included? You'll really struggle to supply enough available nutrients with dry amendments alone unless you use a pretty large pot. Mr Cannuck on YT does a pretty good job with Coco and slow release organics, should be a good source of info. 

• Like 1

I was heading towards a more organic version of coco, but figured that the frequent watering will just generally wash away decomposed nutes  faster than it will supply.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies, seen another water only product for Coco and as @MindSoup said needs a large pot... minimum 15litres

They do a range of liquid feeds but the reason for looking into this is I don't want to be messing around with ec/ph pens.

How often Is a pot this size likely to need watering every 2 days might be manageable 

1 hour ago, Eldo said:

Thanks for the replies, seen another water only product for Coco and as @MindSoup said needs a large pot... minimum 15litres

They do a range of liquid feeds but the reason for looking into this is I don't want to be messing around with ec/ph pens.

How often Is a pot this size likely to need watering every 2 days might be manageable 

I started growing in coco last grow. I had intended to go the peat free compost route using organic nutrients. However side-by-side grows with a neighbor convinced me to try a coco substrate. Years ago I grew with NFT hydroponics and vowed never to return to pH meters and tanks of Ec'd nutrients.

I hand water my coco but the pH of the feed and using Coco A&B nutes and Calmag have become a thing again. DAMN! I would use my Blue Truncheon again too but the battery had leaked and it's buggered.

In a 15 litre pot you should get away with up to a 72hr watering period. 2 days should be fine.

I did introduce Guanokalong (bat shit) powder into the final potting up mix in my last (many) grow(s) but I don't rely on it on its own. This probably differs entirely from Guanokalong Complete Organics though.

EDIT: Just checked. The stuff I am using is Guanokalong Powder NPK 1-10-1 & is intended to be used with other nutrient feeds.

Edited by Lux_Interior
stuff was wrong
  • Like 1

It absolutely will work with coco if you add some soil improver, such as wormcasts. I'm using Biotabs myself with a15L fabric pot. Coco clay 60/40 13L, wormcasts 2L, 75g Startrex, myco, biosys and Orgatrex, sat on a wick system and things are going great at 5 weeks in. Can't attest for flowering yet as I haven't tried this before but so far, so good.

• Like 1