how much water how often?

Norbinyo

Hi all,quick question about watering.

My lady's are 19days old now i give to them 4dl water per day.My question is that that is enough?or i need to add water till it not run it to the tray?I got 20l pot.If the water not running in to the tray the nutriment can to accumulate in the soil?

Thanks!!

• Like 1

Lots of variables so not sure anyone could give you an accurate answer for your particular grow. I've used soil moisture meters in the past when growing a plant species for the first time that I'm not familiar with. The better ones work really well and you only really need one and use it a guide for the other pots. Most will also measure the pH in the soil. Flintronic make a decent soil moisture meter/ pH tester. 

• Like 1

20% ish of the volume of the pot should saturate the medium so you're about right in that regard at 4L, but me personally, I like to see a little trickle out the bottom :yep:

Something I used to do in coco that helped me is fill up a spare pot with soil(don't water) and then water the pot with a plant in until run off and play around feeling the weight difference, you'll get used to judging by the feel.

Once your watered pot feels about as light as the dry spare pot then you're good for another feed. With soil you have abit more leeway so can let the pot dry out slightly more.

:yinyang:

• Like 1

I very much doubt that a 19 day old plant requires 4 litres per day in compost(soil) :no:

Start a grow diary in the appropriate section and you can get the help required,

it seems like you need it :yep:

You’ll have to get your head around the photo uploading process :thumsup:

Atb

• Like 2
Just now, Shumroom said:

I very much doubt that a 19 day old plant requires 4 litres per day in compost(soil) :no:

Start a grow diary in the appropriate section and you can get the help required,

it seems like you need it :yep:

You’ll have to get your head around the photo uploading process :thumsup:

Atb

Hiya,i check few site and nearly every site says different thing's. Like he told that 4l thing some site writing the same,Run off water about 20-30% if you use nutriment in water and wait till when the soil dry enough.The reason what they say cuse nutriment not building up in the soil.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Norbinyo said:

i check few site and nearly every site says different thing's.

That's why I recommend you run your own grow diary :) 

Every grower has a slightly different technique/weather/enviroment/equipment etc,

so it can sometimes be difficult to follow what others do.

If you include plenty of details and photos(in your grow diary) then we can help you to get the best out of your resources :yep:

Atb

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

That's why I recommend you run your own grow diary :) 

Every grower has a slightly different technique/weather/enviroment/equipment etc,

so it can sometimes be difficult to follow what others do.

If you include plenty of details and photos(in your grow diary) then we can help you to get the best out of your resources :yep:

Atb

Yesterday i was uploaded some

• Like 1