Mini grow room - I did big mistakes

Amnesialocal

Dear all,

I guess I did lot of mistakes designing a mini grow room which is in a corner of a not insulated part of a building.

The grow space finalised should be 40x70x175cm under 100LED (summer) or 150HPS (winter)
4” extractor sucking from the filter and pulling air through the cool tube and exhausting outside. The intake could take air from outside in summer and inside in winter ( active 4”, but could be also passive i guess).

The problem is humidity on the space around and outside.

I didn’t test the grow room yet, but for some series of events I had to finish an outdoor plant inside and I used the space adjacent the future grow space (Lunge) under 400hps and tested some environmental parameters.

light on rh 49-55% with 0.5l/day dehumidifier temp. 22-26 degrees 

Light off rh 55-63-65% with dehumidifier temp. 19-20 degrees 

The current humidifier is for the small growing space, but in the other space ( lunge) is under spec and it struggle to reduce humidity (48W)

I used the grow space as a dry room and the dehumidifier worked.

I tested on the lunge area a 12l dehumidifier (250w) which operating 15min every 30-45-60min can reduce humidity to my desired parameter ( 40-45%). Of course are almost 250w extra over the 400w.

Someone suggested the idea to have a lunge room where to set the correct environmental parameters for humidity and passively pulling the air inside the grow room, which I really like ( see option 2), but still I am concern to use a 250w dehumidifier for a lunge serving a mini grow room of 100-150w.

Hoping the small dehumidifier there could reduce humidity at least at 50%.

Also I need to keep everything very tidy up reducing if not completely eliminating equipments outside the grow space.

Could someone advise if the current design could work or what to do to amend it?

Many thanks in advance.

Best

A

Edited by lildaveham
Please upload your pics to your gallery here. Removed offsite link.

Plant some plants and wing it mate.

Testing without the plants in is rather meaningless to be honest.

Best thing you can do is start a grow thread in the appropriate place and help will come into your thread.

Good luck