MCT oil

frank0420

Hi everyone

Quick question has anyone got tips on how to make THC infused oil using MCT oil ? I have tried the search on "MCT" and "OIL" but got nothing.

I use one of the infusion machines that are on the market, there's a good few of them. Decarb the weed first then if you haven't got an infuser a slow cooker would work, you'd need to check what temps it does, I imagine the low setting would be fine. 2 hours would do it. 

I use rosin filter bags like tea bags for the infusion as it keeps things simple and tidy and you can give them a real good squeeze in a clamp to get all the infused MCT out at the end.

• Like 2

I've never made MTC oil , I don't like the sound of it causing upset stomachs and the like in some people so I make olive oil instead, a 65 minute decarb and 90 minutes infusion is usually ok but I think I'll try a 2 hour infusion nex time at the usual 180f, decarb I think was 240 or 250 f. I hope i've got the right tempratures because i've only made it 4 or 5 times but it deffo works.

Just to add, I don't bother using a cup full of oil to an eighth, it works out more like over half a gram to a tablespoon, that way 1 spoon at a time is enough for me and goes much further than smoking it.

2 ox to 550ml that the mct comes in ,  magic butter machine ,  strain well and job.

Never had an upset stomach and i abuse it lol   

Although i do find the infused choccy & butters to be more effective.    

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Devon Cream said:

Mct in dropper bottles is the bomb I  put 4oz in  500ml of mct in magical butter maker .

One thinks i need to up the quantity of nuggets as your using double my ratio !    Try next time :yep:

Yes & No to the dripper bottles .... i started on a few drops .. now im free pouring and the drippers redundant lol  

• Like 1

Just now, OldFord said:

One thinks i need to up the quantity of nuggets as your using double my ratio !    Try next time :yep:

Yes & No to the dripper bottles .... i started on a few drops .. now im free pouring and the drippers redundant lol  

I was using the same amount as you didn’t hit the spot a member on here said they use 4 so tried that tbh I don’t smoke overly much anymore vaping but found the drops where what I was looking for . Easy to have at work rather than stinking the place out with a joint 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OldFord said:

I've been playing with consuming it in several different forms and decarbed in air and in oil. Removing the solids seems to remove a physical/intensity aspect of the experience.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Devon Cream said:

I  put 4oz in  500ml of mct

I'm pretty sure i asked this before but you know how it is lol How did you cover that much bud with 500ml of liquid? I suppose it chops it up but surely that's just wasteful.

What sort of time ranges are you guys using infusing? I did a two hour one at 180F in a Herboven and it seems ok. Will try 4 hrs next time. Is there a point of diminishing returns on the infusion time? Another subject to study...