Chop?

hashbrown

Four days from ready on paper.

Found rot on three big colas it had literally only just started.

Would you Chop?

Edited by hashbrown
Got pics up now.

I would chop ASAP.

Yes, ideally they could do with another week or 2, but they are certainly harvestable now. Doing so will not have a huge impact on quality. Better slightly undercooked than turned to mush.

Once rot appears, it is highly likely to spread. The density of the foliage and the number of dying leaves raises the risk.

Yeah I can see they need another week or so but the weather ain't getting no better and humidity is 67% now and it's dry outside.

Haven't lost much but all on the one plant.

Let's see what others think.

i've been in the same situation, rot appeared and i cut it out, raised temps and harvested a couple of weeks later with no further rot. and this was around the same time last year

raising the temps will lower rh, and keeping it stable will stop rot setting in, it's all about your 'dew point'

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 1

I'd keep it a week more maybe 10 days on some. You can remove some big leafs to get more air circulation and keep oscillating fans going.

Your call tho , I found 1 bud rotting bud last grow and chopped it all a bit early :doh:

Seeing how others go I'll try to ride it out next time unless it's full blown

1 hour ago, hashbrown said:

20-21C lights off.

Roots a constant 19 in water BIG gap.

with 20 c  and 67 rh....your dewpoint is 13.7 c.

what your temp and rh at lights on?

Update!

They had to go, well all the big colas. found another 3 with rot just started cut all the buds off and Was surprised how little it was, about 8 g maybe less.

Left the underneath which there is loads of big buds, hopefully they will ripen.

Keeping my beady eye on them just incase.

It smells stonking and running with resin.

• Like 2