The Loft Room

GreenVision

@GSZZ Hi ya mate, as it happens if you check the 5th and 8th pics down you might be able to see that I had originally intended to have the intakes in the floor. Trouble was though it didn't give the airflow I was after, plus I think it may of ended up causing hot and cold spots rather than giving a decent airflow.

At this moment in time mate I think I will be back with LED. Even if I disregard the other several positives they bring just the fact they are nice and safe is a plus for me. I take fire safety very serious, above all else in fact, and having the ballasts and hot bulbs in a low room is a little more over the line of comfortable than I had imagined when I measuerd up.

I think the floor being black and me sealing the entire room with enough filler, silicone and decorators chulk has had more of an effect than I thought it would. I was much more worried about the cold than I was the heat, but now.... The room is nice and fresh but it is warm. I may have found a better floor option than the original one I had in mind, its white rather than black, but even then I dont think its going to help much in terms of overall room temps.

Quite positive at this moment in time that I'll be going back to LED once this grow is finished.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, grooving said:

Solid build Greenvision, thanks for sharing.  Do you have a water supply up there? 

Yes mate, not yet 100% active, but it will be by the time I have to water these autos full on :yep:

Even ready to fit it up to the RO filter too.

• Like 1

On 20/10/2023 at 5:45 PM, Calypsos said:

From one lofty to another, great work, hell of a space for ya!

Be lucky man :yinyang:

Thanks bud, hoping it works.

A few additions to groom happened yesterday evening.

Something I know some folks disagree with and may even have trouble understanding but I have added 4 Passive intake vents, one in each far corner of the loft. The reason for this is that the intake fan is pushing a maximum air of around 1000 m3 p/h down 10+ meters of ducting and through a total of 3 y splitters. My extraction fan will pull 3600 m3 p/h straight down and out of 3 meters of 12" ducting. If the fan goes above 55%, which it will need to, then the active intake will not keep up with the amount of air needing to be exchanged. What will then happen is the air will come in from unwanted areas in the groom. The passive intakes allow that extra air in when needed and I can control where it comes in and filter it accordingly.

Got 4 Basic wall grills.

large.20231021_100344.jpg.7aa00b8ec1809c

And some RAMAIR filter material.

large.20231021_100452.jpg.0c095b68ae55cc

Used some tape to seal it up nice and tight.

large.20231021_101355.jpg.4152fe87dc5609

Got all 4 done.

large.20231021_102637.jpg.5e92427e8b395a

Then used a little silicone sealant as a cork / gasket and fitted one in each corner.

large.20231021_110942.jpg.cc57f0c995f456

The filter is quite heavy, and it will take some need to pull air through it, but its bug and light proof and now all air coming in is pre filtered and not running in from under the floor or loft hatch etc.

Parcelforce turned up yesterday evening with my new filter so thats connected and running now too. Hopefully this should solve any serious heat issues I was going to run into.

Cheers.

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...