Authentic Genetics and Todd

DirtyCola

So has anyone actually tried any of these seeds?

He says that they are real deal Northern Lights, and Skunk 1, not reproduced since the 80's. I am not sure whether to believe him tbh

I listened to an interview with him, and he seemed to be a bit up his own arse lol.  Would not be the first breeder to be a bit of a dick, but also have the fire seeds! (If they are any good)

But yeah the NL2 are finally on offer (50 beans for 100 bucks, which seems like a reasonable price), and I am jus umming, and ahhing on whether to take the plunge....

Todd as in Todd McCormick?

Seen plenty of interviews with him on bubblemans world, dunno what to make of him though, seems really well placed for these seeds to be somewhat authentic having said that.

:yinyang:

Thats the one, could not remember how to spell his name.

Thats it, he is well placed as you say. I reckon I am gonna take the plunge if no one has had any bad experiences....

:oldtoker:

Ferrari's are red
And tories are blue
NL finish in 50 days
Not 8 to 10 weeks like some fuckwit called todd thinks they do
and you

• Like 1

if they were the real deal, i suspect ole Toddy would be reclinnig on a lazy boy in some hot  island instead of constantly flogging his schwag all over instagram......

but im cynical....apparently

AFAIK they are all repros using seed from Mel Frank and a haze line.

Not seen many if any folks on here grow out Authentic Genetics.

:yinyang:

Hard to say what's what obviously, but I personally have his NL#2 Haze and his Skunk Haze in my collection. I too was very tempted to take up his recent offer of 50 Original Haze for $100 too, I still might after payday! It all seems legitimately sourced to me but people will always argue over who has the "real deal". I have no idea how good his selection was though or how many plants he used etc. Anyway for what it's worth he seemed a nice bloke to me when I spoke to him on his webcam a few times. As with any strain really, it's always best to grow it and experience it for your self.

• Like 4

My understanding is that Mel Frank lost everything in a house fire in 1982. Todd lost everything in a bust in 1997 and he then did 5 years behind bars, so anything he has came after 2002 and could not have come from Mel. Last post I saw from Mel said he was actually growing a few beans from AG for his percy, not the other way round.

There's a full grow diary of AG nl#5 on another forum by grower skunky dunk farms and the guy can obviously grow. The last pic on the thread shows the 3 fems he found in the pack and grew out and they are all completely different strains, not phenos, none of which I would recognize as nl#5. They actually look like the result of a massive open pollination if you check.
Just google skunky dunk farms nl#5 and go to the last post on p10.

Did you ever grow out and document any of those genetics @-=DrGreenThumb=- or are they just in your collection?

• Like 2