dehumidifier dilemma

BilgePump

Chopped a few days ago, struggling to get rh in check so i just bought a 12L dehumidifier and its raised my humidity by 10%!! Temps haven't increased just the rh.

I've tried it in the lung room and in the actual tent and neither seems to make the blindest bit of difference..

Help!!!

:yinyang:

23 minutes ago, Saddam said:

Are you positive you didn't buy a humidifier?

Reasonably certain lollol... It says black and decker 12 litre dehumidifier on the box.. :unsure:

21 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

Is it collecting water?

It appears to be yes.

21 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

Is it a compressor or desiccant type?

Not a ruddy clue, how does one tell the difference?

Its a B&D BXEH60003GB if that helps??

Eta... Ive set it to 30% rh and thats keeping things at about 65% rh :unsure:

Edited by BilgePump
progress...i think...
  • Like 2

Note the time you switched it on and how much water you pour out of the tray?  You want a nice long slow drying session anyway so I wouldn't concentrate on trying to reduce humidity too far at this point. :)  

@Saddam I get the low and slow, this is the first time in over a decade ive had issues hence why ive bought a dehu, we were on like day 4 of high 70s so my arse was starting to twitch given the nugs im drying are solid af.

I'll keep an eye on it for a bit rather than freaking out any more lollol

• Like 3

Try to dehum in the main room itself. The fans will flash dry is too close. It works by pushing air over a condenser like a fridge, those fans should be on low and in the room, not the tent or lung. If you wanna leave the dehum for a few weeks, and don't wanna keep emptying the res, add a garden hose to the back for continuous operations. Set to 60% not 30! :yep:

Dehum will raise the temps +2

• Like 2

I've just had a peek at the manual and it refers to refrigerant so it's safe to assume it's a compressor type,

which I have no experience with.

My dehumidifier is a desiccant type and definitely produces lots of heat :) 

I don't know if compressor technology produces less heat or not.

Atb

I've got a 20L Probreeze dehumidifier its great - you can switch the display off and set a target RH.
It's relatively quiet compared to my old laundry one which was an EBAC.

So far it's done an excellent job at keeping RH in target range. (only tested  targeted at 60%) 

It also offers continuous drainage and the hose size is 10mm ID and 11mm OD.

I'd imagine they work better inside the tent, it has got a handle so I might try to hang it soon. 

Edited by Axiom

Right lads.

Im less full of covid and delirious now lollol

I only spent 90 pr so minutes freaking out about the new tech and moving it around like a moron :unsure:

Ultimately it got stuck on the potting bench draining into a 45L res , set to 60 and we've had absolutely no further issues, i actually quite like it... Its fancy, there's a sliding touch sensor for the humidity and it wouldn't look out of place in another room should it ever be needed.

Worst thing was carrying it the mile home whilst I was full of rona, they're not the lightest bits of kit are they? lol

• Like 1