New autoflower grow in wilma

JammyTea

Hey guys, im about to start my new wilma system grow and I need a bit of advice with starting. I'm a complete noob with this and my seeds are here now and i need to get this grow going! The seeds are Bruce Banner #5 feminised autos. My systems a Wilma large 4 pot 18l with 50l res (74cmx74cm) in a 3x3 (90cmx90cm) tent with 300watt led with fans and humidifier. Ive bought some extras for the reservoir like adjustable heating probe that displays the water temp and oxygen pump with an air stone.

Ok question time! I've bought hydroton clay pebbles as my medium of choice and I've bought 1inch rockwool cubes to get the seedlings going.. I also have the 4inch rockwool.. not sure if I'll use that.. anyway i've noticed only recently that people are kins of against starting seedlings in rockwool.. what am I to expect if I use the rockwool? Fungas gnats, stem rot? Stunted growth? What are some other options here? Should I ditch the rockwool for something else? I don't want to use the rockwool at all if I don't have to.. but at the same time they're auto's and I don't want to hurt the seedlings and stunt their growth? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks! :)

Welcome aboard

Yes I would ditch the rockwool and get some rootit or root riot style things to start them in instead 

Edited by Hippie on hill
Forgot to say welcome aboard
  • Like 1

Maybe into coco after germination in cup of water and feed/water gently from day 1 (or better presoak coco fully 2 or 3 days before planting with a b and root stim if starting in final pot). Maybe handwater in final pot from start until they get a grip as well? If you go down that route don't over water first 2 week or even 3 as big pot small plant with no roots in mud is no good