Ozone generator

DreadVik

Where is the best place to source a large ozone generator in the uk? Looking for one that will do a 2 bed property in one go if i can but happy to do room by room if needed 

I bought 2 small plug in ozone generators once.
They were the thing at the time and I got them cheap enough. Well £50 each at an expo but that was cheap for such tech at the time.
They were very effective but the room always felt like it was filled with static electricity, like a busy laundrette but much more of an electrical charge kind of smell and feel.

The first unit failed after 3 months so I plugged the 2nd one in but I was getting headaches and feeling weak / sick all the time so unplugged it after a week or so and never felt like plugging it back in. I was sleeping in the same room as the grow but was outside the rest of the time.

When I poked around inside the failed unit they use 2 plates and these seem to generate water, but it was a sealed unit with no method of dealing with increasing amounts of water so it was always going to fail.

My advice would be to try to find another way to solve your problem.
If not then remember these 2 points:
The process does generate water so any unit you buy must have a way to remove that or it will not last.
Use the least amount of ozone you possibly can and limit it to a single room for health reasons.

Seem to recall that my units kicked out 5mg per hour.

8 hours ago, DreadVik said:

Yups deffo hobby. But this isn't about plants :)

What's it for? Dampness/mould?

You might get other ideas if people know what you want to use it for.

A whole house ozone generator is going to be money afaik, not sure on wattage(since it would be on 24/7).

I'd also imagine youd want to seal the house for it to be effective? 

E2a: Not even sure if that sounds safe in my head

Edited by Banarchylamp
Opens the door, leaves the room

10 hours ago, DreadVik said:

Where is the best place to source a large ozone generator in the uk?

I dont know if this is the 'best place', the cheapest, or if it has the biggest selection

but im interested in this tech - id like to hear your journey

ive been looking at the ones on a grow shop called osgs.  there not a sponsor so im unsure if I can say the name, but theres big units on there that need installation by a professional

[there 1000's of £]

mystic

I'd personally avoid any ozone generator, its harmful to humans  or are you referring to an ioniser that releases negatively charged ions to capture dust and allergens?

When inhaled, ozone can damage the lungs. Relatively low amounts of ozone can cause chest pain, coughing, shortness of breath and, throat irritation.

Realised its in the pests section so useful for irradicating pests, just seal the room and leave for 30 mins after ozone off to disapate the ozone

Edited by sweettooth
pests

Yeah I don't recommend anyone run ozone in an inhabited space.  This is for boats and properties after tenants depart to remove mould etc that's not visible.  

You do get smaller units you run whilst growing but these seem bait and are not what I'm looking for.

The units I'm looking for i think will cost between 300 and a grand but worth it for a few properties.  

I manage properties as part of my job :) and no you can't rent one lol!

37 minutes ago, mysticriver said:

I dont know if this is the 'best place', the cheapest, or if it has the biggest selection

but im interested in this tech - id like to hear your journey

ive been looking at the ones on a grow shop called osgs.  there not a sponsor so im unsure if I can say the name, but theres big units on there that need installation by a professional

[there 1000's of £]

mystic

Yeah I've being seeing similar uvon air and g.a.s.  I'm wondering if there are mon horticultural brands that may be cheaper and better for this purpose or if one of the gas or uvonair units will work well for the price.  I've tried to hire them as plant hire places loan then for my exact purpose but sadly not in my city :(

21 hours ago, DreadVik said:

I'm wondering

now I think about it, im wondering if im getting ozone generators mixed up with climate control units...

mystic

Just google it and price match I use a uvonair I. Duct corona generator goes straight outside . You need to be careful how to use them and don’t want it expelling into open house rooms. Ozone at certain dosage will dissolve electrical flex , fabrics etc and can kill you if not used in the correct way.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Devon Cream said:

can kill you if not used in the correct way

Every time I hear ozone generators mentioned my thoughts go back to the "unknown lad" mentioned repeatedly at a local hydro store who decided to have a sniff of a genny to see if it was working, he woke up several hours later feeling rather unwell..

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Just now, BilgePump said:

Every time I hear ozone generators mentioned my thoughts go back to the "unknown lad" mentioned repeatedly at a local hydro store who decided to have a sniff of a genny to see if it was working, he woke up several hours later feeling rather unwell..

:yinyang:

Someone years ago was running a uvonair 1000 meant for 1000 sq Mtrs decided to use it in a house his wife comeback to find him unconscious rung the ambulance they said few hours more and he would of been meeting his maker. Folk just do t do enough research. Few years ago few people would extract into attic without a filter and just run ozone up there lollol quite a few where doing it locally 

• Like 1

Lol! People crazy! I'm deffo not hanging about to verify it's working lol!  Will be sealing, running it then let it air.  Plan to run it for 48 to 72 hours.  Will probs repeat after each tenancy to be sure :) will keep an eye on plastics now tho. Just fixed the wiring after a flood.