Chinese USB Fans. Vs All Competitors

Axiom

I have a love / hate relationship with Micro USB Stroller Fans:

• They provided excellent air circulation directly over the plants
  • Octopus style flexible legs (see stroller fan in searches) made them easy to wrap around tent poles
  • Lowest noise footprint.
  • Noise didn't stack , so same noise issues with 5 of them in a tent vs just 1. barely noticed the difference. 
  • Some of mine operated at least a year without interruption
  • once interrupted and powered down too many times , they lose their legs and can't be fucked anymore. (motor issues I presume)
  • USB ports can have shitty connections so need to be opened and resoldered
  • the batteries are mostly 18650 but usually need to be soldered in. 
  • The models with a replaceable battery panel are not widely available.
  • only the shit models can run straight off corded power without battery.
  • there is huge difference in the airflow power ranging from different models
  • OPOLAR brand made the best ones, but they are no longer sold anywhere. 
  • I tried to replace these with many inferior models from a range of sellers. 
  • They were all shit in the end and struggled to keep them powered / change batteries. 
  • Probably best used in small tents , seedlings. 

I have opted for the Honeywell Turboforce .... just put one up over the LED light (non- bar version unfortunately) to blow the heat from the panel down to the plants.

It seems rather curious to me that with the USB fans there was much less air breeze felt by me but more directly wind on the leaves - so you could see them waving around.

With the new Honeywell, the plants are not receiving direct wind but I feel the breeze is stronger in the room as a whole.
It's not very loud at all, which is great too. (although doesn't compare to the USBs)

I wonder if I need to see the leaves moving around in order to have good air circulation or is it just disillusionment?

Surely plants CAN be relatively still, receive more circulated air, and be less stressed from wobbling about.- focusing more on bud production? Do we NEED to see leaves MOVING? 

What is your take on this UK420?

:yinyang: 

Loving the new ones i got, Got them dirt cheap so i bought a bunch of them, I also have two USB oscillating fans that have been running for ages

The hanging ones, i also have them above the drivers on both tents blowing downwards keeping the drivers cool.

large.20231010_020151.jpg

large.20230725_195459.jpg

One of the oscillating ones

large.20230816_191221.jpg

I decided to remove most of my mains powered fans and replace them with USB due to the lower fire risks, Tho it took a lot of trail and error buying USB fans to find the gems out there, once i found one and it was on sale i pulled the trigger.

• Like 2

@Military Grade Glad you found your gems. Even better if they work without the battery in them.
Any chance you could  tell me what site you got em from at least? - since you've put me back on the hunt now lol 
I must have missed these because I was only looking for the ones that I could wrap around the tent pole with the bendy legs. I should have sacrificed such convenience for practicality. 

Edited by Axiom
  • Like 1