Tips and tricks for dealing with high humidity? Looking for someone with experience

FlooK

Where is your tent and how big is it?

I use mine in the bedroom the tent is in and us the bedroom as a lung room, unless you have a massive tent there's no need to use ducting from dehumidifier to tent.

If course there are a few factors that could change the requirements.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Moonstone420 said:

Hi mate.

Could you elaborate on this please. Just trying to get a better picture of what you mean by this setup method.

Are you saying get an intake fan to suck the dryer air into the tent, or to leave the dehumidifier near an intake flap. For what its worth I only run passive intake myself. 

As we speak i am trying to sort buy one myself, but really dont want it in the tent, so your method may help. 

Thanks

In the older days of HPS, I ran 2 seperate fans and ducting. I had a carbon filter on one fan and another that was pulling the hot air from through my air cooled hoods and was then feeding it back in to the tent so my intake was basicly warm and dry.

• Like 2

Growing in winter helps with humidity, I don't bother with summer grows anymore.

Watering every 3 days might help as well if your hand watering,I hand water and get 2plus Oz a plant using 600w hps.

Last option right sized dehumidifier,  I never used it so can't comment on its efficiency.

E2a someone posted recently about his meter giving different reading,  I went in my room as I have 2 and one of giving 75% other was saying 60% humidity,placed on  same spot. Worth check your meter as well

I was ordering CO meter recently,  found Trotec BG 20 over 100P, read verified comments and see it's faulty device giving false readings, they kept if out In sale for 6months even tho ppl complained.

My point is if they can make faulty CO meters how do I expect growshop hygrometers to work accurately? lol

Edited by Herbal Kint
  • Like 3

Quest 70 are the best dehumidifiers but they aint cheap £1200 there cheaper to run than a normal one apparently,,someone on here has one but i cant think who

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2023 at 0:45 PM, sweettooth said:

a 12L unit would keep a tent that size happy and only pull 220 watts.

Which one ye thinking of here, please? :v:

I love the icy air that brings low humidity in winter , you get some right solid bud with wonderful colours. Make sure roots are warm with a nice generous radiator in there.

• Like 2