Confused by PPM range

Dark Trooper

Hi all

This is my first grow (DWC) and Im about to put my seedling in the net pot today.  It’s 14 days old and has plenty of roots 

I’ve spent weeks reading about hydroponics but what is puzzling me is the PPM

My guide is 100-200 PPM for the 1st week 

Does this also include the cal mag PPM or is this separate.  My water is 67 PPM.  I made up the solution of quarter strength nutes this morning to 155 PPM (Flora trio) in 20 litres of water and added 10 ml of cal mag to the pot and the PPM scale is now at 280.  Will this be too much or should I just go ahead and see how the plant reacts to the solution 

Thanks

Cal/mag first and then bring it into range with yer chosen nutes :yep:

:yinyang:

Edited by BilgePump
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Dark Trooper said:

(Flora trio)

Just follow what it says on the nute bottles, everything your plant needs is in there without adding calmag or anything else.

Being in dwc the roots are constantly in the nutes so keep the nute strength on the lower side.

For PPM (EC) measure your tapwater and make a note then add the starting amount of nutes as per the bottle, (usually 1/4 strength)

make another note, do this at every stage as the plant grows and nute strength increases, this gives you a reference for the future.

Another thing to consider with dwc is reservoir temps, these are critical if you want to avoid root rot, 18c - 22c is the optimum.

I'll just repeat...Don't add anything to the Flora Trio nutes...:yep:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BilgePump said:

Cal/mag first and then bring it into range with yer chosen nutes :yep:

:yinyang:

1 minute ago, stu914 said:

Just follow what it says on the nute bottles, everything your plant needs is in there without adding calmag or anything else.

Being in dwc the roots are constantly in the nutes so keep the nute strength on the lower side.

For PPM (EC) measure your tapwater and make a note then add the starting amount of nutes as per the bottle, (usually 1/4 strength)

make another note, do this at every stage as the plant grows and nute strength increases, this gives you a reference for the future.

Another thing to consider with dwc is reservoir temps, these are critical if you want to avoid root rot, 18c - 22c is the optimum.

I'll just repeat...Don't add anything to the Flora Trio nutes...:yep:

Thanks for the info guys 

Much appreciated 

• Like 3