Drying

screrg

Areet all,

I chopped on Sunday evening and they're hanging upside down in the tent they were grown in. I've had to whack the extact on full power to get the humidity down to 59-61. Not ideal as usually have the extract on as low as poss during the dry. I've taken all the circulation fans out and they're in pitch black light. Is this okay to do? I'm thinking this will be fine for the first few days til they start to dry and the fans start to die and dry out (there are a lot of fans and vegetative growth as I over veggged and then didn't lollipop :( ).

Only other thing I can think is to put the dehumidifier on outside the tent and turn down the extract. I'm hoping the humidity will drop as the fans become crispy and I'll be graduallly turning the extract down to keep the humidity 62ish for a nice slow dry. Temps are 20 in the tent so not too hot and the buds are decent but not massive so don't think mould will be an issue (hopefully).

• Like 1

I see my humidity go high in the 1st 3 - 4 days of drying. its natural as you've just put a load of wet plant matter in the tent

dont worry about high r/h for those 1st few days, but monitor & keep it lower [with a dehumidifier in the lung room] in the week after the initial 3, 4 days

mystic

• Like 1

The first 3 days is where you want the humidity to be on point as this is where the greatest rick of mold happens in the drying stage, the common practice across the pond is 55% for the first 3 days then rasie it upto 60 for the rest of the drying phase.

Your temps will be fine, could be lower but still not bad really, I'm dreading my drying as i just can't seem to get the temps lower in my bedroom at this time of the year.

• Like 2

Nice one, cheers. All the non-bud stuff is still v.wet after after a few days so when that starts to dry out will be easier to manage the humidity. All looks fine for now, I'm getting a 6" AC infinity filter and fan with the 69 controller and a humidifier so will  be able to get the probe in there and have things spott on for a proper dry. Always dried a bit quick so looking forward to this.

I've read on here before that 17C and 62% is ideal drying conditions after the first few days. That sound about right? Gonna do a diary for the triple cheese seeds I've just popped and will be working away so relying on the AC infinity programming and blumats to keep things right while I'm away(4days a week so 3 nights awayand 4 nights at home). Just had to move grooms so excited to have a fresh start and a bigger room to work with. Got the basics down now so just fine tuning and picking up any tips on really dialling things in which will be much easier with the new gear I'm getting. :)

• Like 1

Gonna try the brown bag thing too so any advice on that much appreciated. Do you trim and put them in there when you thiink they're just a bit early to jar? I've got some big brown amazon bags so no need to overfill them as have a few. Getting one of the silicone brushes I saw on here too so hoping they help speed up the dreaded trim . . .

1 hour ago, screrg said:

Gonna do a diary for the triple cheese seeds I've just popped

Is that the Barney's Triple Cheese?

If so tag me when you make a diary:yep:, I've got a bean or two of this and i'm interested to see how they come out. Pheons that are either Cheese leaning or Blueberry leaning, or a mixture of the both like their Blue Cheese.

• Like 1

On 03/10/2023 at 10:28 PM, Military Grade said:

Is that the Barney's Triple Cheese?

If so tag me when you make a diary:yep:, I've got a bean or two of this and i'm interested to see how they come out. Pheons that are either Cheese leaning or Blueberry leaning, or a mixture of the both like their Blue Cheese.

Aye, they  are. Got a couple of days off so will start it then. Got to sort the groom out and should have the new equipment themoro so looking forawrd to that.

• Like 1

Had to have the extract on pretty much full whack all this time and the dehumidifier on full in the room just to keep it at 62ish in the tent. Ridiculousy humid 70%+ in my room and 90 odd outside. They've dried quickly and assume this is due to the extract being on when it's better to have it still in the tent and let them take more time. Spent an hour trimming this morning and jarred it. Got back tonight and hygrometers are reading 64, 64, 62 in the the jar. Got the humidity at 64% in th tent to try and slow the drying a bit as I've been working like a dog recently and had no time. I'm going into day 5 of 6 doing 12 hr days and am wiped when I'm getting back so hoping they're still curable by Thursday night when I can put the hours into trimming.

Would I be better just throwing all the buds, fans and bits into jars asap to pause them drying any more now or should they be okay for one more night after tonight? Not sure if jarring everything together (and then trimming properly Thurs night and all day Fri) will affect taste/smell. Only 2 days til I'm free and the stems aren't snapping yet (though I usually need to trim before they're at snapping point to keep the buds 56%+ when jarred). Will get a diary up once these are sorted, new babies coming along canny.