Purple Freeze going tits up...

MC2

Well, it's tits up time of year.

All my plants are behing and none are ready yet, despite almost all being early finsihers and some being huge.

But the first one to show real issue is the lovely Real Gorilla Seeds Purple Freeze. A great smelling and sticky purple plant.

Yesterday I visited it to see the rot had set in. I harvested half the buds pretty sharpish.... and today.... well what's this?

I don't know what I'm talking about but is this going hermaphrodite... and if so, should I uproot it pretty sharpish (there are another 7 plants next to it)?

I've been looking about the forums and it does look like RGS Purple Freeze may be susceptible to both rot and going hermaphrodite.

Any help appreciated.... and... is this the right forum to post this in? If not, which one is?large.651a7fb0ee9b2_PurpleFreezegoinghermaphrodite_2m.011023-edited.jpg

• Like 2

@MC2 hi buddy. I know that feeling when they trigger late and you’re watching all the other fookers on here showing off their buds. Then yours begin to rot as well as being immature . Even worse. 

unfortunately the late triggering can just happen due to variables. Sometimes phenotype or other unknowns. What Lat are you at ?

I think it was the member named Forstguy who said PF turned hermie and he’d never run it again. I remember reading that and shitting it when I was running PF but mine never hermied and I do not remember  reading of anyone else’s doing so… (not saying someone else’s didn’t I just don’t recall seeing)

From looking at the pic I agree with Bligepump. Looks like a swollen fem calyxe to me but the pic isn’t mega clear (is there a seed in it?). But as far as I’m concerned you only really need to worry if whole bunches of male flowers (bananas) show up. Then defo chop. I often grow fems that will push out a single male flower here or there.. you can just pull it off. That’s my two pence and I wish you well with it. Hope luck swings your way and you pull some goodies in 

p.s it’s ok to post here 

all best 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Erbman T said:

@MC2 hi buddy. I know that feeling when they trigger late and you’re watching all the other fookers on here showing off their buds. Then yours begin to rot as well as being immature . Even worse.

@Erbman T  Thanks for your considered reply and sympathy. Yes, it's very galling. I assumed that the late development of all my plants this year was due to the wet summer so am perplexed why this has not affected all outdoor growers. It's made even worse by this being a mast year for me. I've got 9 different strains out (with a view to deciding which three strains to stick to growing for the next few years... still looking for the perfect high). Bang goes that If I can't get them to maturity. And even worse, all of a sudden yesterday one of the MAFF's got rot in three different places so I had to cull it too.  :-(

Growing conditions here should be perfect. I'm southern UK (latitude 50) and the soil is about as good as it gets.

Hi @MC2 yea man sorry to hear. That is proper strange they not triggered earlier. Lat 50 is lower than me. Everything should start earlier there. Well it may not be curtains yet if they still early in flower as you might find some of them deal with Oct ok if it dries up a bit. Sept can be worse at some stages of flower cause it’s more humid. Well annoying though dude. I tend to run a variety of strains that have different triggering and harvest windows to escape such issue. Bet you will kill it next year. I can certainly recommend you some good early strains and some good later ones for next year if you go again. 

Sunny here currently 

Fingers crossed mate

defo a strange one that for Lat 50

Be well 

@MC2 I was also growing PurpleFreeze this year. It was looking beautiful towards the end, really sticky and colourful. Then I went to harvest and there was such bad mould I had to ditch the lot. Just very unlucky with weather last few weeks at lat. 52 — warmish and constantly wet. I'd grow PurpleFreeze again, I reckon anything I planted would've rotted this year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jack Daw said:

@MC2  I'd grow PurpleFreeze again.

And so will I. The stuff I have harvested is so gloriously smelly and so sticky it's a real joy. I can't wait to try it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Erbman T said:

I can certainly recommend you some good early strains and some good later ones for next year if you go again. 

I'm all ears!  I would have tagged you but even though I've tried it in three different browsers tagging does just not work for me (either!). Just a never ending spinny.

@MC2 hey man. We can chat in PM. No rush like. Can mention a couple of earlies now though. I think RGSC’s earliest is Whitey Freeze. But also you prob saw Alfemco’s Fuckwarp Early.. There’s loads to be honest. Something strange must have happened for sure tho buddie as all the RGSC ones would trigger pretty early at Lat 50. Never heard of delayed flowering due to wet! I mean mine were sodden most of the season and still triggered. Always welcome to chat on PM mate. I think you did a thread or have a diary yeah? I miss some things. 

Easy pal