Vertical growing?

David Attenborough

I have been thinking about how my tent is restrictive in that I can only access two sides of it and this got me thinking. What if I stacked my 8 plants on two teirs. Then I realised my light height would be restricted, then it hit me.

So, put a shelf in the tent half way to put four plants on and below the shelf. Put a vertical screen in front. Grow the plants normally to the desired height but tying branches on the screen so they fan out, then remove the lights and hang them vertically in front of the screen forcing the plants to now grow horizontally through the screen. Stretch can be taken care of by topping everything that gets too high and tucking once the lights have been repositioned.

Hey presto, a 2x1 meter vertical grow that takes up very little floor space. A wall of green.

Anyone tried this? Any thoughts?

• Like 2

Just do 2 levels of 1m high SCROGs. Buy another light and canopy fan, no wasted space. I suggest everyone using artificial lights uses a screen for maximizing efficiency. 

3 hours ago, David Attenborough said:

Hey presto, a 2x1 meter vertical grow that takes up very little floor space. A wall of green.

You could do another wall of green on the other side too. 2x2x1m vertical grow. You could use a vertical HPS bulb. With LED lamps I'm not so sure! Is there a decent and powerful enough COB style LED available? 360° light from an LED. Dunno. :unsure:

I think maxi right do a vertical light. 

I remember years ago people started doing vertical grows on Overgrow. Sodium bulbs hanging without reflectors so the plants could grow around them. You could even buy ready made colloseums for a sog (but vertical). 

They looked pretty good but it seemed to die off for some reason :unsure:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KC said:

They looked pretty good but it seemed to die off for some reason :unsure:

Probably because if was a gimmick

• Like 2

This dudes vertical style grow seems to work excellently, maybe worth replicating 

Grow the plants as tall as possible and thread all branches through vertical netting, create a wall of nugs. 

Edited by nbenja3