How dry for a dry trim bag?

latitude54

I invested in a dry tirm bag at the start of the week and I'm struggling with it.

My Gorilla Glue has been drying for about 3 weeks now and is at around 65% RH. Sticking it in the trim bag and following the online examples of how to shake it, does produce maybe a fist full of trim but the buds are still covered in small leaves most of it doesnt look as though it's even been in the trimmer.

I'm guessing that this means my bud just isnt quite dry enough yet so I've put it in a paper bag with some silica pouches to try and get it a bit drier. I this the right thing to do, or am I missing something? 

• Like 1

Too dry to the point the humidity is too low to cure in jars is what the general censuses is, and costs a fair few trichomes as a result of it being too dry.

I thought about getting one but then decided against it after hearing the feedback.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

very dry, only really works if buds are proper dense too otherwise they do tear up a bit. lost a few z's on a batch of sunset sherbert I ran through but saved me a lot of work and a couple of z's of trim after processing 35 zips isnt bad

some buds i hand trim, others i trim bag

• Like 2

I usually love my trim bag but lately it's as much use as tits on a fish. It's this humidity, plus as already stated it does depend on the kind of bud/density. 

Be OK when the central heating goes back on. Until then I'm hand trimming again :crybaby:

• Like 1

I’ve got 6-7 z of gorilla glue ready to trim, about 25-30 z of Lemon Cake drying, 5-6 z of Super 61 almost ready for chopping and something like 40-45 z of Pink Cherry Pie a few weeks away. So I really don’t want to be hand trimming if I can avoid it lol  

Edited by latitude54
  • Like 1

whats the fuss with smoking a bit of sugar leaf anyway? :skin_up:

just roll a fat one and get a few hours on the clock , amazing how much u can sort through... tis a bitch tho lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KC said:

Be OK when the central heating goes back on.

this gave me an idea.. popped a little oil radiator in the room with a probe set to 21. Hopefully that’ll be enough to release a bit of moisture from the air. 

• Like 1

Trim bags, trim brushes. Honestly I think there nothing but a waste of time. 

Smoke a joint and get trimming over your trim bin lol

I just think if I'm growing for myself who cares what the final product looks like. 

If you're a scumbag grower/dealer then yeah you might want to trim to perfection because no one likes buying leafy weed at high Street prices but tbh I don't care for scum dealers and have tried to he self sufficient for nearly 3yr

Edited by Darknight420710