Kingbrite alibaba led’s?

Moldymechanic

Been looking into all the led offering at the moment, then I came across these. Less than half the price of equivalent branded lights using all the same height quality components, samsung LEDs and whatever the good drivers are. Anyone here have experience with these lights? Good or bad if like to here it.

• Like 1

Yes, I have a Kingbrite 320W LED in letterbox format, perfect for my 1200 x 600 tent.

They are high quality and give great results.  that said, be sure you order one with the configuration you want.  I accidentally ordered one without UV and have added UV and Far Red in using separate strips.

I think the Kingbrite lights are probably mostly good, mine has worked very well for me.  I am not sure if it gives off a little more heat than some, but I grow in winter anyway, so that is a plus for me...

The image below is not a video, but a screengrab of the style of light I bought.  Of course it is all wonderful bars now :)

large.651582dd55b63_Screenshot2023-09-28142810.png

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 1

Yeah the ones I have seen are the newer bar type ones, I believe they are supposed to have a much more even spread of light across the canopy. Think it’s about 680 watts for £300 and any branded light that would be comparable is about £700+. I was either going to get a spider farmer led (a cheaper one) or just run a 600w hps but after seeing the results people can achieve with the bar style led’s it’s hard to resist for £300

• Like 2

Yeah had mine for several years now. Probably done 6 grows with them. I ordered 5 boards back in the day as that was considered a whole package. I then got my driver and bits from the UK. Everything still works as it "should". Id say I have had my monies worth by now. That's not to say the big named brands wouldnt have been even better, It's simply a reflection on price paid at the time delivered and setup was well under $1 a watt. Post covid the shipping charges make me weep for times gone bye....You would struggle to get as good a deal now even allowing for inflation.

Edit to add. By far the cheapest way to go LED is to build your own using strips from places such as digikey or Arrow (who often have mad sales with strips costing sometimes pennies. Then you just need a driver and some heatsinks....all available online or DIY.

Edited by Diddy
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I've been running 2x 600w bar units for a couple years now with no issues at all 

Just had a couple of their newest 1000w units delivered also but not had a chance to unbox them yet.

Not had any customs fees through the post yet thank god. Think worked out about £1200 shipped for 2 units. Shipping is mad expensive nowadays.