bigkilladawg

Looking for some advice on autos. First time growing autos and I've got them on 20/4 lighting in a dwc system with 2 led lights all same strain, sweet mango auto, 4 plants in a row.

So middle right is well under way budding looking nice, far right looks behind in development/flowering stage, middle left looks even further behind and far left even further behind. Is it normal they are at different stages of flower? 

Basically just making sure the ones I suspect are behind in the flowering stage and not fucked up some how, like they have established bud sites but are producing more bud sites. I'll add pics of each one to show what I mean.

FYI don't judge how bushy they are, had mad root rot and had to cut all the roots off just before flower and was scared to stress them even more.

Thanks in advance

Just now, bigkilladawg said:

So I can't figure out how to add pictures, if anyone can tell me ill upload the pics

if you upload on gallery you can can post the pictures here

39 minutes ago, bigkilladawg said:

Is it normal they are at different stages of flower? 

Yes mate. No two autos are the same and plants of the same strain and from the same batch can differ in timing by weeks. :yep:

ETA. IME they also achieve a range of sizes and structures too.

Edited by Clubs
ETA
Just now, Clubs said:

Yes mate. No two autos are the same and plants of the same strain and from the same batch can differ in timing by weeks. :yep:

Thanks mate, been stressing for last couple days. That leads me onto another question though, do you think I should crop all at the same time, e.g when the youngest is ready, or take them out individually? I'd prefer to take them all out at the same time, can't see there being too much harm growing longer? Just be a heavier head high, surely? 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, oldleafybeard1 said:

if you upload on gallery you can can post the pictures here

Won't let me upload, maybe it's coz I'm on my phone not computer. Keeps coming up with an error

If you have a spare tent or a decent box you can adapt then you can dry them in there and use a small fan to pull the stinking air through your flowering tent so it's scrubbed. That way you can take each one when you think it's best to do so. It can be a ballache to do them all at the same time anyway. 

I dont really have anywhere for it to be honest, I've always done fems so just crop all at same time hang upside down above the pots n control temps for drying. Bloody autos are stressful and I got another batch to do at some point lol. 

6 hours ago, bigkilladawg said:

Looking for some advice on autos. First time growing autos and I've got them on 20/4 lighting in a dwc system with 2 led lights all same strain, sweet mango auto, 4 plants in a row.

So middle right is well under way budding looking nice, far right looks behind in development/flowering stage, middle left looks even further behind and far left even further behind. Is it normal they are at different stages of flower? 

Basically just making sure the ones I suspect are behind in the flowering stage and not fucked up some how, like they have established bud sites but are producing more bud sites. I'll add pics of each one to show what I mean.

FYI don't judge how bushy they are, had mad root rot and had to cut all the roots off just before flower and was scared to stress them even more.

Thanks in advance

I just did my first autos too, dwc, and they grow incredibly fast. I also struggled with root rot, still trying to figure out how to avoid that.

What I noticed is very slow floeer development, but that's probably my fault. They are drinking and eating well despite of some rot, but flowers are still slow. I'm curious if autos are a bit slower on the flower-front. Will try photos next and see if that makes a difference.

Good luck with your grow:smokin:

10 hours ago, Ripen said:

I just did my first autos too, dwc, and they grow incredibly fast. I also struggled with root rot, still trying to figure out how to avoid that.

What I noticed is very slow floeer development, but that's probably my fault. They are drinking and eating well despite of some rot, but flowers are still slow. I'm curious if autos are a bit slower on the flower-front. Will try photos next and see if that makes a difference.

Good luck with your grow:smokin:

I got some cheap aquariam chillers for mine, im using oxypot xl, 2 plants in each, the main problem that caused my root rot was the fact I was using a organic based nutrient which is no good for sitting in water. I use the buddah trees nutes, without the organicus (organic causes alot of problems in the water, parasites etc). Without the organicus the water goes slightly murky but nothing compared to with the organicus. Also I use 50% strength on the nutes pretty much whole time apart from early stages I go 25% strength for recommended.

Hopefully that helps with your root rot. I've done about 6 grows with dwc and only had root rot twice, one was from the water being too hot and the other was the organic based nutes.