Spider Farmer SF2000 120x60x180cm Kit

Wev

On 27/09/2023 at 7:07 PM, Shumroom said:

I use heat mats controlled by inkbird heat controller combined with tube heaters in the grow space. 

This keeps the pots/medium getting cold at lights off. 

I also use an oil radiator in the room outside the tent to raise the temperature of the air before it's used. 

Atb 

:yinyang:

What size are your tent and tube heaters? 

• Like 2

My veg/nursery tent is a 120 x 60 x 120 

large.HomeboxFloor.JPG

i’ve used 3 smaller heat mats all connected to the same Inkbird heat controller to cover the floor space,

the tube heater is just a 3 foot tube,

as a 4 foot tube wouldn’t fit in properly :) 

The tube in here is just running on it’s built in thermostat.

In my Secret Jardin dr150W(flowering tent) which is 150 x 90 x 200 I have 2 x large heat mats running lengthways,

again both mats use just one controller and the 4 foot tube which sits along the centre of the tent gets it’s own thermostat(Inkbird).

Atb

:yinyang:

Edited by Shumroom
Eta
  • Like 3

On 25/09/2023 at 8:48 PM, Wev said:

Thanks guys, I’ll keep looking and comparing. Although eventually I just need to bite the bullet and get my hands dirty. I could have the best kit and still not do it justice for many runs, no doubt! 

Thats the way.. all the gear but nae idea lol that used to be me lol.now I've so much shite I can't sell or chuck away as I'd feel bad chucking something that works but just isn't fir me

• Like 2

@Wev Consider a 90cm x 90cm / 3x3 with an SE3000 - its a 300W light, fills the space better and should yield a decent crop. The extra heat from the 300W will help over the winter too but I would add heat mats.

I have an SF2000 and it would struggle on the edges of a 120 x 60 imho

I'm about to set a new SE3000 going in a 3x3 myself.

• Like 1

@Wev Also meant to add, if you qualify you can use PayPal's "Pay in 3" option and spread the payment of your light over 3 months - that's what I did and made the hit a bit less. You could be cropping some bangers not long after paying for the light :)

The discount code "MIGRO" works on the Spider Farmer shop for a discount too :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/09/2023 at 8:16 AM, Darknight420710 said:

I can't sell or chuck away as I'd feel bad chucking something that works but just isn't fir me

Funny that I was thinking that the other day ... all that gear out there and doing nothing. :sadwalk:

Maybe Admin could add an extra forum to sell/auction/giveaway ..... yeah I know it's a dream :nono:

• 6 months later...
On 25/09/2023 at 15:23, Wev said:

Hi All, 

Wondering if anyone has an opinion on SpiderFarmer’s latest offerings regarding quality and longevity. 

More specifically I’m looking at the SF2000 120x60x180cm kit to get me started indoors in my spare room. 

Just currently trying to read as much as I can before committing to anything, taking into account the wealth of knowledge on here. I see a lot of talk about the quality of AC Infinity but on the face of it, SpiderFarmer seem to offer similar kit, with automation, at a more attractive price. I haven’t come across much mention of them. Just trying to strike that balance of value for money whilst familiarising myself with the current market. 

Currently working with a budget of £750 all in, including peripherals, to get going with an LED setup. 

I wouldn't touch SF fans. I believe they're same as marshydro ones ( needs validated ) Noisy ac cheapness.

For 750 you could get a migro aray 4 (insane piece of kit) snd ac infinity 6" with controller with quality carbon too.

+1 for the Micro Array 👍🏼 Get the Array 2, it’s for a 60x120 footprint. For extraction, I would go with ACInfinify with the controller69, 4” will be good, 6” better. The ACI controllers can switch the lights on and off, set your environment by controlling heating and humidity devices and of course your fan speed. Depends on your budget at the end of the day. 

A XS2500 Pro would be the best choice for a 2x4 tent.