LED repairs

Satchitananda

Hi, I just dropped my HLG 150w Quantum board :wallbash: and now two of the led strips aren't working, is there anywhere I could get this repaired?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KC said:

Can't help with the repair query but just thought I'd mention it seems difficult finding any hlg stuff in this country at the moment. 

Yes, you are right. Someone is supposed to getting back to me about stock today. For now I can use this broken one for veg, it has 6 of the 8 panels still working. Well pissed off that I dropped it, what an idiot! :wallbash:

• Like 2

I'd say you're better off getting replacements parts ....  But a look at the damage inside may provide you with an easy fix ... like a connector has fallen off or some solder has broken ..... How about a pic .... I love fixing stuff like this :woot:

Got a multi-meter ... set to continuity, you'll soon find a break.... if you do go down the DIY route please make sure power is off :headpain:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, handysmoker said:

I'd say you're better off getting replacements parts ....  But a look at the damage inside may provide you with an easy fix ... like a connector has fallen off or some solder has broken ..... How about a pic .... I love fixing stuff like this :woot:

Got a multi-meter ... set to continuity, you'll soon find a break.... if you do go down the DIY route please make sure power is off :headpain:

This ^^^

If it was mine, i would take it apart and try and find whats broken. They are not that complicated, its just wires running from the driver to the strips/board.

If its still working, your driver is ok, so its most likely a solder joint or connector thats come loose.

Edited by Subutai
  • Like 4

Its probably a couple of diodes have been whacked and need resoldering or replacing, should be able to see by looking at the diodes with a magnifier.

• Like 4

Thanks eveyone, I think fixing it myself is a bit beyond me so I bought a replacement board. I will have a look at the broken board when I take it off the heatsink though and see whats what.

• Like 2

I fitted the new board to the heatsink today and all is well, really it was quite usable with 14 of the 16 strips of diodes working but it just bothered me, lol. Looking at the old board - it was a case of some diodes being broken and fixing that is beyond me. It wasn't a case of just being able to fix a loose connector or wire or anything easy like that.

Edited by Satchitananda
  • Like 4

On 26/09/2023 at 5:19 PM, Satchitananda said:

I fitted the new board to the heatsink today and all is well, really it was quite usable with 14 of the 16 strips of diodes working but it just bothered me, lol. Looking at the old board - it was a case of some diodes being broken and fixing that is beyond me. It wasn't a case of just being able to fix a loose connector or wire or anything easy like that.

Agree lol.

I am ok (ish) soldering wires etc. but anything small or delicate i am hopeless

• Like 2