Attitude = Old Stock

audioaddict

Just gonna put this here regardless of how people feel about it, as I am kind of tired of this money for old rope industry.

Got some Think Different autos from attitude, they where horribly old seeds, zero chance of germination.

Attitudes attitude means you can't question them over such things, therefore they can sell you any old garbage then just fuck you off..

As Dutch Passion, I would not be too into this, as it may sully your own reputation (I will not buy DP now, I consider you unreliable)

WTF, do you guys not do any sort of quality control, stock rotation... no.... just shove everything you can out and collect the cash.

Sorry if considered innapropriate, but you guys sponsor these nobs.

@audioaddict

Sorry to hear about your experience, have you contacted attitude or DP directly ? 

This is a third party website after all and I guess you would get a quicker response by doing so. 

cheers

:yinyang:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, audioaddict said:

Got some Think Different autos from attitude, they where horribly old seeds, zero chance of germination.

I don't know that much about seeds but just looking at the ones I've bought and seen, how do you tell they are "horribly old seeds, zero chance of germination." honest question?

Were they like shrivelled prunes or something?

Not trying to make fun of your bad experience, genuinely curious.  :yinyang:

:smoke:

• Like 6

I'm on the fence with attitude. They're a good site and i've had loads of good experiences but they have flat out lied to me in emails before. I enquired about a strain they had in stock and ask whether it was brand new in or had been in stock for a while as the original breeder had reworked the strain so depending on age would have had different parent plants. When i got an email back they sort of didn't answer my question and just insinuated that absolutely no stock on there site is over a year old....... But curious to see if this was true checked there stock from breeders i either knew or had stopped producing certain strains and can confirm i saw multiple seedlines that would have been impossible to be less then year old stock so of them being confirmed to be at the minimun 3 years old.

So while attitude is pretty good overall they do infact have some stock on there site that is probably pushing 4+ years old, which personally i don't see nothing wrong with if it's listed as such or discounted but for them to lie about it and insinuate all the stock is less than a year did rub me the wrong way a bit. It could just be the employee who emailed me being new or just not in the know but wasn't the most proffesional of responses

• Like 2

It's probably better to say they didn't actually germinate rather than speculate on their viability just by looking at them. Try planting them or at least drop them in some water and if they don't sprout then you have a valid reason to complain. 

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 6

Also unless they've been ruined in other ways age will be almost impossible to tell by eye. Recently seen loads of people germinating 20+ year old seeds from the late 90s with decent numbers for the age actually germinating and even though they're 23+ years old visually they look fine although some of the non viable ones did crumble or had a dead looking embryo inside but other than that some of them still looks perfect

• Like 5

UK based seed banks cannot discuss germination etc due to UK laws so its always best practice to contact the breeders name on the pack and iron out any issues with them direct :yinyang:

• Like 6