DIY planters

Crow River

4 hours ago, Underdog said:

I have considered some kind of DIY shades to put in front of the pots to shield from the sun from the pots.

You could stack dead branches and leaves against them? That might lead to mould issues though...

• Like 2

Just now, Crow River said:

You could stack dead branches and leaves against them? That might lead to mould issues though...

Hmm I never thought of that. Maybe worth an experiment next year with a couple of plants

• Like 2

a friend on me has a handy girlfriend with a sowing machine....

she made ( bottemless ) pots from clothes/bedding 

and also from this anti root cloth :) 

worked all well he said.. :) 

Kleinverpakking anti-worteldoek - 100 grams

• Like 4

@DutchFox, I have plenty of this anti-weed membrane stuff. That's a really good idea. If not very handy with sewing, hems could be stapled, and the pots could be wrapped round with wire, cable ties or something like that to give extra strength.

• Like 3

Had some written out.. :). I think the basket might have a few potential uses @Crow River , this game really make you think outside the box. 5 lt is a nice amount of medium to work with in those kegs.  I wondered if the base was cut out of a second basket, flipped over, and wired onto the top of the basket in the ground, as the main animal deterrent. Would enough light penetrate through the mesh for the young plant? HaHa we will see in 8 months.

Nice one @DutchFox , Any pot size required!

Nice addition in detail @Crow River !     

Savage topic @Underdog 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...