Dehumidifier with Inkbird?

Bobcharlieeeee

I have a Blyss WDH-316DB dehumidifier, however it doesnt work with my inkbird, it doesnt have a proper on/off switch. so it will turn off when the inkbird tells it to turn off, but it wont power back up again!

it has an inbuilt hydrostat however it isnt very accurate. only lets you set it at 60% or 70%,

i was even thinking if its possible to move the inbuilt hydrostat probe outside the dehumidifier to give a more accurate reading

anyone have a fix for this? or do i need a nes dehumidifier?

• Like 1

Just now, Bobcharlieeeee said:

I have a Blyss WDH-316DB dehumidifier, however it doesnt work with my inkbird, it doesnt have a proper on/off switch. so it will turn off when the inkbird tells it to turn off, but it wont power back up again!

it has an inbuilt hydrostat however it isnt very accurate. only lets you set it at 60% or 70%,

i was even thinking if its possible to move the inbuilt hydrostat probe outside the dehumidifier to give a more accurate reading

anyone have a fix for this? or do i need a nes dehumidifier?

Just while you wait for someone to give you a good answer, I know the folk on the Wine Fridge cure thread bypassed the momentary switch for on/off to make their dehumidifier work with their Inkbird, so it is a thing.

Just now, MidgeSmith said:

Just while you wait for someone to give you a good answer, I know the folk on the Wine Fridge cure thread bypassed the momentary switch for on/off to make their dehumidifier work with their Inkbird, so it is a thing.

Perfect, id rather give that a go than buy a new dehumidifier!

Who is it that has done it before? il give it a search

• Like 1

@MidgeSmith thanks mate thats what im looking for.

found this on youtube which may help

Guna take it apart when im back from work and see what i can find

@MindSoup if you can bypass the switch on a little dehumidifier, you recon you could do a big one? lol

• Like 1

Just remember if it's a compressor one having it randomly turned on and off by a 3rd party controller will not only damage the compressor quicker but is also a possible fire risk.

If it's a desiccant dehumidifier then you're fine.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Military Grade said:

Just remember if it's a compressor one having it randomly turned on and off by a 3rd party controller will not only damage the compressor quicker but is also a possible fire risk.

If it's a desiccant dehumidifier then you're fine.

Im pretty sure its a compressor type! damn

anyone got any recomendations for a dehumidifier that would work with an ink bird? need to have a drain line connection too

I don't really understand the situation, why do you need to run the dehumidifier off the inkbird? No real need to have it that precise, as long as its keeping the lung room in the ball park (roughly 10% below desired tent humidity IME) then it should be all good. 

But if I'm missing the point then yes I'm sure you could bypass the switch. 

Also not sure why it would be damaged by bypassing said switch? If it's because it would be getting turned on/off too often there is a setting on inkbirds for a delay, so it will only turn the dehumidifier back on again after a pre set time (at least that's what mine appears to have). 

But yeah, to be clear the ones used in the drying fridges are peltier/thermo electric dehumidifiers, so quite different in the way they operate. 

Hope some of this rambling is useful lol.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

Just now, MindSoup said:

Also not sure why it would be damaged by bypassing said switch? If it's because it would be getting turned on/off too often there is a setting on inkbirds for a delay, so it will only turn the dehumidifier back on again after a pre set time (at least that's what mine appears to have). 

I was about to say that, there is a compressor delay setting, PT in the menu.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Military Grade said:

for most household commercial ones yes, bigger industrial units work this way, my quest just switches off with the onboard humidistat so running from a 3rd party controller is fine.

Also ran my probreeze this way although preferred the onboard to keep the fan running in between dehumidifier cycles