Expert opinions required - is this plant ready?

MC2

Hello.

I'm finding it a bit hard to know the exact right time to harvest my plants (despite having read as much as I can). In past years I may have left some a bit long as the day after and evening session I've not wanted to do much but lie on the couch and scroll idly though my phone. I have stuff to do and would like to avoid that this year if possible.

So opinions on whether this RSG MAFF is ready or if not, how long it might have to go would be very welcome.

Thanks for any input.

large.6501a9c203640_MAFFFlower2130923.jpg

large.6501a9bdb8421_MAFFflowers130923.jpg

large.6501a9ba57431_MAFFflower3130923.jpglarge.6501a9bbf13de_MAFFflower130923.jpg

Edited by MC2

Please don't consider my take in any way 'expert'.  As this is in the GG section, am assuming this is a plant on plot.

For conventional harvest, I'd agree with @Moonstone420 bearing in mind that outdoors, this can vary a bit depending on the weather conditions.  I wonder if you might benefit from harvesting some a little before being fully cooked, as well as  some well toasted.  IME outdoors, trichomes can be more easily disturbed or damaged by wind and rain and often look amber through the loupe before their time, if that makes sense. This could increase CBN content - the sedative sleepy cannabinoid, in this case due to a premature degradation rather than plants being left to get fully ripe.  If possible, I'd watch for this and if enough visits are possible, perhaps try and gauge what to take when accordingly. Hope she comes in well for you

Edited by Clean Green
Replace 'narcotic' with 'sedative'
  • Like 2

Imo she needs to cook a bit longer, possibly another couple of weeks.

Get a small loupe like x40/50 cheap on the big river site or the bay

Folk go by the pistils a lot of the time but I feel that can be inaccurate and its the maturity of the trichomes that we need to watch for.. for a more head high you want to harvest the plants when these are milky/cloudy with very little if any amber trichs..I like to see a small scatter of amber before I harvest mine personally.

Good luck getting her across the line buddy :yep:

• Like 2

Definitely check the trich’s as these lads have said. Nothing worse than racy early chopped bud that makes you all clammy and anxious. I’d rather see it rot but that’s me. Weirdly enough I find a lot of the strains that do well outdoors are sativa so I likes mine well cooked. Amber for the win :yep:

• Like 3

Well, thanks very much for this. The general opinion is that It's got 3-4 weeks to go, which is a little devastating as this is my most advanced plant (by quite a long way). I shall keep feeding it Plant Magic Old Timer Bloom and revisit at the beginning of October. Cheers.

BTW. I do have a jewellers loupe but find it quite hard to use (due to dodgy eyes I think).

Edited by MC2
  • Like 1

Dont stress too much mate. In 3 weeks that'll be ready to chop and the others will only be a couple of weeks behind it.

As long as you're not still waiting for it in November you'll be grand.