Northenlights autos growing entirley different to each other.

Legion

These 2 ladies are (supposedly) both the same strain of Northern Lights Auto feminised from Seedsman but as you can see they have grown entirely different to each other. One is a thin light green lanky bugger yet its sister is a little fat dark green foxtaling mess. They where potted on the 22/6 and started to flower about 4/5 weeks later so they are at around day 50 or so of flower (reported 55-60 days flowering). They have both been in the same tent the entire time, fed and watered the same etc but under different lights, both are some random Samsung led boards (iirc).

I've read that the freebies from Seedsman have a reputation of being pretty sh!te but these 2 look like they are entirely different strains.So is this some mix up or can autos grow entirely different to each other etc?

large.20230908_235004(1).jpglarge.20230908_235009(1).jpglarge.20230908_235014(1).jpglarge.20230908_235018(1).jpg

• Like 3

Seedsman strains are not very consistent in my experience, ive done several runs, i recently ran 8 blue dreams fem by them and had 3/4 clearly different phenos. On the plus side, they are quite cheap seeds and have a few keepers if you run enough, even got a really fast finishing, quite dense sativa leaning strain off them a couple of runs ago. Better brands out there for sure though. Try CC auto by sweet seeds, everyone one ive ran seemed more then a clone then a seed.

Just a little tip, you got to train them a bit more in veg, most my autos have uniform bud sites without topping, you just gotta hit them hard LST 2-3 week veg and continue to train 1 week or so into stretch. 

Edited by GreenHorseRaddish
added info
  • Like 2

Nothing like my Northern light auto from seedbank .... here's a pic of mine a few days before harvest. Along with some good advice and having a moderate hands-on approach and with the fact it's my 1st growth in 20 years I'm happy  :yinyang:

large.1690119740584.jpg

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, OldFord said:

@handysmoker    Congrats man ,  looks very tasty :george:

It's very nice in a bong .... it's smoooooth and slides down like the caress of a woman. :bong:

No coughing, spluttering, just a little tickle. :hippy:

• Like 1

On 09/09/2023 at 2:17 AM, GreenHorseRaddish said:

Seedsman strains are not very consistent in my experience, ive done several runs, i recently ran 8 blue dreams fem by them and had 3/4 clearly different phenos. On the plus side, they are quite cheap seeds and have a few keepers if you run enough, even got a really fast finishing, quite dense sativa leaning strain off them a couple of runs ago. Better brands out there for sure though. Try CC auto by sweet seeds, everyone one ive ran seemed more then a clone then a seed.

Just a little tip, you got to train them a bit more in veg, most my autos have uniform bud sites without topping, you just gotta hit them hard LST 2-3 week veg and continue to train 1 week or so into stretch. 

I've bought a few different strains off seedsman but these where freebies along side my order so it's not a big issue. Was just really surprised how different these 2 girls grew to each other lol. This is the 1st time I've ran autos so I just left them to it in veg then they started flowering a lot earlier than I expected so I left them as is. Obviously you can LST autos but I'm sure I've read that you shouldn't top them?

On 09/09/2023 at 8:49 AM, handysmoker said:

Nothing like my Northern light auto from seedbank .... here's a pic of mine a few days before harvest. Along with some good advice and having a moderate hands-on approach and with the fact it's my 1st growth in 20 years I'm happy  :yinyang:

I didn't do any training with these girls in veg as they where tiny stubby little bushes that flowered much earlier than I expected lol.

On 09/09/2023 at 9:08 AM, OldFord said:

@Legion     a bit of  Pheo variation playing out  ,  with autos  even a slight bit of struggle at the start can make a big diff at the end :yep:   

Enjoy mate :yep:

Yeah so it would seem lol, the short one looks liek its foxtailign like crazy and all its buds are just thing strips lmao.

• Like 1