Question about starting outdoors then going indoors

dotz

Hello everyone,

I popped a Zkittles bean about 4 months ago and in an attempt to keep my electricity costs down, it has been happily growing albeit extremely slowly by a window. On sunny days it went outside, always watered from the bottom and the soil was never left damp for any length of time. 

Now I'm ready to veg it properly and finish it off, I'm concerned about bringing pests inside. Is the couple of weeks of low wattage vegging worth the risk? Is there a fail safe method of cleaning the soil before it comes inside or should I just take a cutting and start a fresh?

This is also going to be my first attempt at living soil after years of cocoir.

Any advice and opinions would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks, dotz

Edited by dotz

Thats a tricky one.. if it's only been outside a handful of times and you've seen no signs of pests when its been on the windowsill, it would probably be ok to go in a tent. However, you do run that risk of it not being ok. 

I vegged 2 plants outdoors for about 4 weeks before bringing them into the tent and within 12 hours I'd taken them back out again due to pests. 

Thanks for the reply latitude54, I am thinking a fresh cutting is the way to go also.

It's a shame cos the veg under natural light was good and healthy. I think I might try again next summer but just keep the plant indoors. A free veg period would make a nice reduction in electricity cost.

Cheers buddy.