DIY Venturi RDWC Build

milkyJoe2440

Yeah.....I gave Venturi a run out a good few years back now.....

Your build is impressive.....completely over engineered......but very impressive. (look at hydra unlimited for a similar system and CCH20 for further inspiration)

I suggest a really clean nutrient line to stop build up in right angled runs :yep:

• Like 2

On 27/09/2023 at 6:17 PM, zen-ken said:

Yeah.....I gave Venturi a run out a good few years back now.....

Your build is impressive.....completely over engineered......but very impressive. (look at hydra unlimited for a similar system and CCH20 for further inspiration)

I suggest a really clean nutrient line to stop build up in right angled runs :yep:

Haha I have to agree to disagree on the over-engineered front! My aim was to build a sturdy system using best practices where possible. It seems to be working beyond my expectations, the nutrient changes are a dream, the auto top off is great. I recently got back from 2 1/2 weeks away with the system running autonomously.

Yeah I did look at the current culture when designing the system. It seemed like a flagship product. Never saw the hydra unlimited though, so thanks for that link :)

About these right angles, do they get gunked up over time? The pipes that I used are 25mm PVC pipes for the high pressure side (dropping to 20mm when entering the tubs). The system seems all pretty clean at the moment but there will be no way of checking the corners until the end of the cycle. Im not worried though. The nutes im using look nice and corner friendly :P

Edited by milkyJoe2440
  • Like 1

looks to be producing the goods. nice system hope it works out for you. id keep an eye on tjhe feed pipes for early on as they can clog if just small drip holes in the hose. better iusing a ring with tees off it, like the old goat Stu has on his Gavie system.

keep the updates coming, look forward to seeing them in bloom

• Like 2

One thing that has just sprung to mind......do not use CO2! with this type of system.....(if you do, you will have re route the Venturi feed pipes)

The production of carbonic acid will be a bitch to get on top off and the amount of Phd down required to stabilise it will be un balancing to your nutrient equation.

• Like 1

On 29/09/2023 at 8:36 PM, badbillybob said:

looks to be producing the goods. nice system hope it works out for you. id keep an eye on tjhe feed pipes for early on as they can clog if just small drip holes in the hose. better iusing a ring with tees off it, like the old goat Stu has on his Gavie system.

keep the updates coming, look forward to seeing them in bloom

Those feed pipes are long gone. I just set them up for the seedlings' first week or so but have since been removed. Im not sure I even needed them as the bubbling from the venturis causes enough little splashes in the tubs to wet the net pot.

Edited by milkyJoe2440

On 29/09/2023 at 8:57 PM, zen-ken said:

One thing that has just sprung to mind......do not use CO2! with this type of system.....(if you do, you will have re route the Venturi feed pipes)

The production of carbonic acid will be a bitch to get on top off and the amount of Phd down required to stabilise it will be un balancing to your nutrient equation.

Yeah I have the CO2 all ready to go. Ive got a tank and a regulator and a co2 monitor....But I dont yet have an air-con.... so if i dosed CO2, Id have no way of regulating the tent temperature without sucking all the CO2 out.

Im going to wait until my next cycle I think...too many variables to play with at once. Im glad its all going well without CO2 for now :).

I have read that CO2 will acidify the  nutrients so was also hesitant for that reason. Ive made an automatic ph & nutrient dosing system so could I not combat the acidity with ph Up??? anyone tried this?

Edited by milkyJoe2440
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, milkyJoe2440 said:

Yeah I have the CO2 all ready to go. Ive got a tank and a regulator and a co2 monitor....But I dont yet have an air-con.... so if i dosed CO2, Id have no way of regulating the tent temperature without sucking all the CO2 out.

Im going to wait until my next cycle I think...too many variables to play with at once. Im glad its all going well without CO2 for now :).

I have read that CO2 will acidify the  nutrients so was also hesitant for that reason. Ive made an automatic ph & nutrient dosing system so could I not combat the acidity with ph Up??? anyone tried this?

If you want to make use of CO2.....you need to go 'closed loop' really.....or it's just pissing in the wind and unmaintainable.

(If you can take your intake air from a bedroom or near an old boiler however.... your on to a winner) 

If you do go 'closed loop' you will need a fresh air source for the Venturi....A Ph dosing system would be a really bad idea in this instance and would only serve to make the water brackish and unusable. 

I have a number of ways of getting over it....The guy at Alien argued for a while as well and then finally gave in lol 

:yinyang:

• Like 1

• 4 months later...