Is this coco?

Lazy L

Hi everyone :smokin:

I picked up a few of these when they was cheap I was wondering if its proper coco large.20230903_160727.jpglarge.20230903_160734.jpglarge.20230903_160747.jpglarge.20230903_160752.jpglarge.20230903_160803.jpglarge.20230903_160913.jpglarge.20230903_160921.jpg

I washed some out untill the water run clear and have some more that's soaking now so I'm just wondering what the right way is to use it

Thanks for reading 

@Lazy LI wash it twice with plain tap water then soak in a giddy calmag solution for 24 hours. I dunno owt between 1.5 and 2.0 EC to make sure it won’t interfere in the plants supply. I bought one of those blocks myself. £2.50 when I got to it just as summat to fall back on. Billy is right canna coco pro+ is worth every penny. But its worth using up if yours was as cheap as mine and learning how to do incase yer might need to in the future. It is a pain in the arse though. 

• Like 1

I got mine for a fiver a box I ended up getting 6 boxes thinking 1 box should do a complete grow from start to finish but if it's crap I can't be wasting the time and electric on it at the moment 

I have a couple of plants in some I flushed out a couple of weeks ago that look like they are re-vegging could that be why? 

• Like 1

@Military Grade i had worse looking bush weed back in the day lol

i could just carry on i do have a cheap ec pen and ph meter but this is what it reads my tap water aslarge.20230903_174140.jpg

how could i work this out?

• Like 2

You have soft water by the looks. I don’t have that problem so not 100% familiar. From reading posts folk like to get base water up to 0.4 EC (or at least that. I’m sure folk’ll qualify that). Then add yer A&B from there. There’s soft water appropriate feeds which would probably be my avenue coz I like my arse wiped for me. 

Coco won’t make em reveg. Light leaks? Some plants are just ugly and look reveggy.

Edited by mikeydoughnut
  • Like 2

My EC pen is the same. The number has just been fingered in the bum by 100 times tables or some shit. That reads to me as 0.2ec …. Well that’s how I read it and me plants ain’t dead :)

• Like 3

Just now, mikeydoughnut said:

Coco won’t make em reveg. Light leaks? Some plants are just ugly and look reveggy.

i didnt think so either but something is going wrong and i was just pointing fingers lol

• Like 1

Make sure you wash and soak that coco reyt though bud. I rinse it in a collider with the shower head to wash as much shit out of it. I tend to make a 2.0EC mix and leave it at least 24 hours. I read some folk double dip to be sure to be sure. As has been mentioned an EC pen is your mate when calmagging (making me own words up look) your coco. So bring that high EC down before putting your plants in. You can use plain water. Then fertigate appropriate to plant requirements. 

No bother bud. If you’re unsure just stop n have a think and just have a quick internet search. Have you seen some of the mongs that grow weed? lol You’ll be golden …

• Like 3

Another 0.2ec of calmag will put it in the right ballpark to start, then add your nutes. I would just add a and B, a seaweed type additive and ph down for your first grow with it. Get some epsom salts to balance the calcium with magnesium if necessary later.

• Like 1