Best of the shelf treatment for thrips

BushDoctoR

Easy everyone,

Just potting my next batch of girls up into the flower chamber and discovered some thrip damage. Checked with a loupe and found a few pre-wing stage thrips.

The damage isn't particularly bad and think I've caught it pretty early. I know there is a lot of options available at this stage but most of them involve ordering things online and the problem I have is I'm about to go on holiday for 10 days. I need something I can go pick up from a local hardware shop in the morning that'll keep them in check until I return and can deal with the problem properly. The plants are pretty small and manageable atm but they're about to be flipped and will grow loads by the time I'm back so want something that'll be pretty effective with a single application

For now I've removed leaves showing damage and given them a thorough blasting with SBPI which I had knocking about

I also have a bottle of harkers flea treatment (ivermectin) and an old spray bottle of bug clear ultra (acetamiprid) knocking about but a little apprehensive about using those as I'm not sure if theyll mean I can't use biological controls when I return as they're systemic and not actually sure how effective they even are on thrips anyways.

Any help that'll allow me to enjoy my holiday without worrying about what I'm going to return home to would be appreciated!

BDr

:smokin:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, grooving said:

What about releasing some sachets of natural predators to wipe them out?  :lucky:

I need to order those in though, they won't be here before I leave the country

5 hours ago, Mr mcgregor said:

tobacco steeped in water

Have you actually tried this yourself or are you just repeating what you've read/heard?

I ask because ive used nasty fag water as a ruthlessly effective herbicide.

:yinyang:

Big clear ultra. Honestly the only thing other than Floramite that as completely eliminated thrips. Dont use it if your already flowering. I like to treat just before I flower to make sure the developed buds are residue clean of any chemical insecticide. Probably over kilI know but why it. Bugs no bugs i treat my plant's at this time because prevention is always better than cure :hippy:

• 2 weeks later...