Multifeed EC

Danny killerZ

What EC is recommended when you are multifeeding 3 times a day in Coco? Would a safe parameter be 1.0 EC do people think? I've rooted out a 16 litre to be fed once a day in veg and now I'm trying to think of a safe zone on multifeeds. Thanks for your help. 

Start at 1.0 - 1.2 and work your way. Watch your run off EC and run off volume, if volume is reducing and EC is going up, add more irrigations at the same EC. If EC goes up but volume stays the same, or goes up, you're irrigating and fertilizing too much. Naturally if the EC is going down in the run off, you need to add more fertilizer.

Its very simple when you get the swing of it.

• Like 4

@GSZZ

Do bigger plants need a higher EC would you say? Do you stick to a 1.4 or have you known to go higher? The canna chart has high EC recommendations and trying to get the right feed levels to get the best out of the plant. Would all the a n b brands have different dilution rates regarding EC and ml per litre when adding the same doses? 

I've never gone over (0.8 - 1.2) in Coco - Could I go higher and build a bigger plant would you say? 

I am in hydro multi feeding and can't get above .8 EC 1 week into flip with a zues 2.9 600w on 50% going on 75% tomorrow. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danny killerZ said:

Do bigger plants need a higher EC would you say?

No, nor can I tell smaller plants needing less, neccesarily, either.

Do you stick to a 1.4 or have you known to go higher?

I usually just float at 1.4, seedlings and cuttings even get fed the same mix as my mothers do. Sometimes, some plants, need it a bit higher in flower like 1.6.

Would all the a n b brands have different dilution rates regarding EC and ml per litre when adding the same doses? 

Yes, and 1.4 of one food isn't the same as 1.4 of another food. I use Growers Ark and some Biostimulants, so I can't guarantee the same results if you do the same.

I've never gone over (0.8 - 1.2) in Coco - Could I go higher and build a bigger plant would you say? 

Measure the run off EC and run off volume (youdont have to be super accurate, an eye ball usually does it) and let your plant tell you. Under HPS/CMH 1.2 - 1.4 was the range, under LED its like 1.4 - 1.6, but again, everyones environment is different some LED growers cant make their plants transpire as much, so they have to increase the EC higher to account for less water moving through the plant.

• Like 5

Multi feeding works best with a smaller pot fully rooted out 16L is a big pot for coco be carful you don’t overwater them u will have to root the pot out fully and they will get massive 

Im only doing 3, that was the plan after not getting good reg ratios. 2 ched kush bushes that just fill out trained, and a gelato squat bush that stays low. 

Edited by Danny killerZ