Its been awhile

TheBaker

Good evening everyone.

I hope this finds you all well. A long time in the shadows here, life pulls one in all sorts of directions, going to try stick my head above the parapet. I did add some ramblings to my profile, if that is a thing.I wont bore you with it here. But ask me anything, ill endeavor to answer.

After many years much like a nomad, i have a cool chance to grow a few(second season) and can really enjoy it without any immediate threat as its reasonably isolated from loads of human traffic/activity( but some nonetheless, hence a reasonably strong paranoia of their scents; a whole load more oriental lilies next year ;) ). It is amazing to grow a few, a be reasonably successful, for the price of a few beans, and that grow light in the sky when it returns, do all watts per gram it can.

No dealers is a massive,massive plus, the lottery that it was, crikey, heading out the gap on wet winters night to get a bit on a backroad. Wont lie, i did feel smug and a whole load of satisfaction tucking into home grown last winter. I ran out nearly three months before the July , crap weather hit autos, were ready, although tempted as i was, i managed to not make that call, and survived on a few cobbed heavy triched trims, which were surprisingly ok, and got me through the lean spell. Fingers crossed for a good autumn.

I could ramble on, but i might as well do that in a thread with a few photos of the bits i am doing.

I have sussed out how to resize and upload pics from an old phone with no sim. I will follow Aidwejs' post home to try get up and running.

I am all outdoor grown, but would love to have a successful one indoors sometime.

Totally inspired by the outdoor growers here, i hope to join up in their highs and lows of outdoor growing.

I have a gorilla grow up and running, and am loving it, physically demanding as it is. A recent post of Paniks , where he described being on here a good few years before he plucked up the courage to a diary. I am plucking up the courage now, to do a diary, and what better plants could i have chosen for my first ever gorilla grow, only RGSC beans.

After so long i thought i would do a decent hello post, out of respect for this great community, that already feels like a family, even after all my silent years.Its finally lovely to say hello to you all, will meet you around the place.

Rucksack full of rainwater, going to dash to the gg with it. Catch you later.

Baked:yinyang:

• Like 8

54 minutes ago, Idicanna jones said:

Lovely stuff. Welcome aboard and look forward to your wares dude

Thanks Indicanna jones, really looking forward to it. Once I learn my way around.

• Like 2

Welcome mate ,

Abit like myself,I lurked around here for years .. everything I've learnt about this fantastic hobby has been on here ..

Have a good one .

• Like 2

Good evening all.

Sorry about that mia, id swear since the grow started and the want to start a diary, life has thrown a whole load of busyness my way. tis mad. I get a distinct feeling going through the great outdoor thread, that a wee bit of drama and a challenge, are never to far away, oh head first into it.

Thanks so much everyone for the warm welcome.

I cant do any multi quotes  atm.

On 8/23/2023 at 7:12 AM, Gaijin said:

Welcome aboard mate :) See you around the place 

Thanks Gaijin, for sure, looking forward to it.

On 8/23/2023 at 6:14 AM, bubbly82 said:

Welcome along mate :bong:

Thanks bubbly82, see you around.

On 8/23/2023 at 7:53 AM, sing99 said:

Welcome mate ,

Abit like myself,I lurked around here for years .. everything I've learnt about this fantastic hobby has been on here ..

Have a good one .

Thanks sing99! such a great place, likewise. 

On 8/23/2023 at 8:09 AM, handysmoker said:

Hey @TheBaker welcome to the non-lurking world, we all need to come out sometime :P

PS .... can I order a Tiger loaf and 6 jam doughnuts .... :skin_up:

Thanks handysmoker! haha coming out, love it . Hopefully a non lurker now,

There is not enough bakeries, oh a good ole tiger loaf and doughnuts, yum.

15 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Welcome out of the shadows ;) 

:pitchfork:

Atb

:yinyang:

Thanks Shumroom! its a really good buzz to come out of the shadows. Its a lonely game , as it has to be. Such a great community here.

• Like 4