Reintroducing myself

sing99

Good morning folks ,

Apparently I first signed in here in 2007 can't  remember doing it .Anyway I'm back and hopefully a productive member of the forum.

I started growing around 2004-2005 and used this board to figure out what the feck I was supposed to do ..

I started of with auto's I the back bedroom cupboard..then on to photos ..

If it wasn't for this place I would have spent a fortune on buy my smoke or wasting money on shite equipment.

So I have to thank each and everyone of you for helping this pothead out...

Thank you ,thank you thank you one and all.

All I did was lurk never posting much or asking questions due to pothead security paranoia.which is a bloody good thing to have as I've never had any probs with neighbours or plod as I live in a middle flat in a in the old town tenament buildings .

My space is about 1mx1mx high ceilings so plenty of room.i hold around 10 cuts of various types including my favourite chocolate is easily 10years old and have access to around another 20 choice cuts via my good mate ..so variety is definitely the spice if life ....

normal run would be 4-6 cuts ,then next run is from seed to see if there is anything worth keeping then back to cuts..

I use a 250 watt led veg light no name just grabbed of the bay for summer months or in the winter a 250mh but I'll have to start looking to change that .

My main flower lights are 2 Australia growlights 420 2nd generation boards love them and the buds are fantastic ..

I split my time between Scotland and Thailand . currently back in Thailand for the first time in nearly 4 years due to COVID  and the cost of living crisis...

I'm out in the sticks in  surin Provence about 20mins drive to the Cambodian boarder crossing of chongchom..not many of you will have heard if this place as there ain't many western folks up here or tourist ..we get tourist in surin city about once a year for the elephant festival(3days)but that's about it really ...great for me as I prefer it that way .

Before COVID I spent a few months a year up here as I have a house and farm my late wife left for my step daughter ..step daughter is now at university in surin city and brother in law takes care of the farm to bring in cash for all the family ..

My plan is to spend around 4-6 months a year up here and the rest baçk in Scotland working and growing. I may even start growing on the farm already had stoned chat with my brother in law about getting legal and supplying the shops up here .we shall see ..

Can't believe they've legalised weed it's everywhere even up here in the sticks . quality varries wildly as does pricing if your in the city .up here acouple of quid a gram all the way to western prices  is madness as local folks cant and won't pay top dollar .feck I'll never pay top dollar for weed anywhere as I'm a tight arse  jock and I know the real costs of growing .but I can see them bringing the price down .

infact the village mini mart last night she gave  me London pound cake and black cherry punch for half the advertised price because I told her  she was mad for asking for Western price to locals who can't pay and won't pay that when they barely earn a few hundred baht a day .luckily for me the lass who has the shop was my late wifes best friend so we're good and she say she will drop the price if I help her out with the dry and curing process as she not much idea on what to do .so I have a huge b to do already .

Anyway I'm spraffing on .

Been here in Thailand since 99 done the tourist thing untill about 2004-5  so I can't give any advice on tourist stuff as I'm way out of date but if I can help ask away ..

Favourite beach back then was kho samed ...and just before COVID hit I fell in love with the pratchup kirihan ,huahin area .what they call the Thai riveria..love it and plan on heading down there sometime soon ...

Once again many thanks

• Like 7

Thanks stoners ,

@Handysmoker 

Only in my early 50s mate .

Love traveling .

Detest the corrupt UK to the core.

So there only one answer to that equation and that's to find somewhere that fits .over the years I've probably visited  in 20 countries...most places I've visited Ive  had no idea what or where I was going until I got there .I actually had a map of the world on the wall and when I had cash I would chuck a dart at it and if it fit the budget flight wise I was off.

How I ended up here I'll leave for another thread ..maybe continue in this in the travel section .Thai thread .

But I will say this for detesting the corrupt UK I find it mental that I've ended up here.i try and balance that out by accepting that this is not my country so I accept my lot here as legal expat full stop ...its one of the reason I keep away from expat communities forever greeting and moaning ...go fuckin home then if it's that bad .

Life is life

it can be fantastic and heartbreaking and I've had my share of both .I plan to eventually live my life out here .I've found my place, alot folks don't .I'm lucky  

Cheers 

Edited by sing99
Fat thumbs spelling