Environment tweak

Hogro

Evening all…

I’ve recently came away from HPS and gone LED but since doing so I’ve had problems with airflow and can you believe it high temps / humidity (a good percentage is probably due to the current weather). Having gone for LED and having height issues with the filter above I ended up buying an in-line filter. The though behind it was to get the lights higher with it only being 2m.

Since installing the in-line filter the problems have started! My usual placement was in the centre of the room but having lifted the light up I have the extract ducting at one end. 

My previous filter was higher flowing and get the feeling the lower capacity in-line filter teamed with the new position is the cause. Airflow exchange definitely feels like the culprit.

my current options are;

- old filter back in the tent but below the canopy in the centre on a frame.

- old filter back in the tent but at one end lifted up below the lights but above the canopy (high as it can go).

- lower the lights slightly to reposition ducting to the centre and hope the in-line filter can cope or add a dehumidifier (1st week in flower humidity at 80% and temperature around 28-29 degrees)

Thanks 

Edited by Hogro
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Military Grade said:

Is lowering the height of the light then dimming it down the optimal PPFD an option?

Unfortunately not, I’m already as low as I can be and don’t fancy dimming them if I can resolve the airflow / temperature issue with filter placement. 

I might have to buy a filter a size smaller but longer than my previous filter, abandon the inline filter and place above if all else fails. 

I might have to play around and tonight with the new positions and see how it works. Was hoping someone had the same issue and could come to the rescue