how many aurto pots in 4x4

smallbuds

iv been doing 4 autoflowers in 15 L  auto pots in a 4x4  but since electric price when nuts if thinking  if ill get away with 5 or six in there what would you guys do?

Having more plants won't necessarily mean you yield more but it means you can veg less meaning you save on electric as the 5 or 6 plants will fill the space quicker than 4. You also get some more variety which is a bonus, although not everyone seems bothered. Electric prices have come down quite a bit already, no where near what we used to pay of course but hopefully they'll keep dropping.

Atb

If you plant to the edge of the pot, use a vertical bulb, and train to the walls you can get 7 in easy if that's your thing. I grow romulan like this year's ago & got 38oz from 1 600w light. It just makes things more complicated imoa though. :hippy:

• Like 1

I guess it depends on floor space & light coverage available. As mentioned, more plants does not necessarily mean a bigger harvest. However, six plants in 10-12L pots may mean less vegging time than four larger pots. Faster harvest v's Larger plants is the payoff.

5 minutes ago, Lux_Interior said:

I guess it depends on floor space & light coverage available. As mentioned, more plants does not necessarily mean a bigger harvest. However, six plants in 10-12L pots may mean less vegging time than four larger pots. Faster harvest v's Larger plants is the payoff.

im growing autos not photo period

• Like 1
On 13/08/2023 at 8:03 PM, Lux_Interior said:

I'd try six plants, maybe, what lamp are you running?

iv got a ac infinity 4x4 tent and there  a ionbord s44 400w It was a toss up between that and a ViparSpectra KS5000  but i got a really good deal on the s44 and it used 100w less

what light in tent  seems plenty   i do have other older lights if need be   ie

a mars hydro tsl2000 and two 150w pink red  older leds

i was on a fixed price for electric up to july now its doubled in price i want to get the max in there for the running cost of light etc

iv got 4 plants in there at moment  harvest due in about 8 days or so  3 plans was stunted a bit but are not doing bad  as i had a bad back with gnats  one plant was to totaly unaffected and is nearly 5 foot tall and exploding iv had to bend tops over a bit and tie em so light dont cook em and i cant lift it any more

Edited by smallbuds
  • Like 1

I'm running six plants under 325W in a 1.2m x 1.2m tent & it's going OK. So it sounds like like your on the right tracks. The price of electric is an issue with every modern inside grower. Get yourself some nematodes to 'knock' out gnats next time, they should cost about a tenner. A five foot tall plant is quite large in a 4ft x 4ft tent.

I'm using 15L pots as well, they're 30x30cm(1'x1') so I could potentially fit 25 of them in my 5'x5'. Not sure if it would pan out well though..

currently using 4 pots, might use 9 next time in a 3x3 grid but I reckon that's where I'll draw the line. I'm not sure how big these autos get yet, so I really have no idea what I'm talking about here. 

On 15/08/2023 at 10:42 PM, Lux_Interior said:

I'm running six plants under 325W in a 1.2m x 1.2m tent & it's going OK. So it sounds like like your on the right tracks. The price of electric is an issue with every modern inside grower. Get yourself some nematodes to 'knock' out gnats next time, they should cost about a tenner. A five foot tall plant is quite large in a 4ft x 4ft tent.

you aint kidding iv had to hold it up with string there get heavy.  cant belive that after gnats  i recon 5-6oz on that one

• Like 1
Just now, smallbuds said:

you aint kidding iv had to hold it up with string there get heavy.  cant belive that after gnats  i recon 5-6oz on that one

Gnats are more of a pain in the arse than a critical problem.