Cannabis & Paranoia

SeaJay

I don't suffer fron anxiety, but when on edibles I do sometimes get a bit of the paranoias, then I remember why and its ok. I don;t want to smoke anymore so I get on the vape and everythings coming up sweepy. Try a decent vape mate.

• Like 2

@Davey Jones

Spot on bud, I not only play with it but treat paranoia as my best mate...makes me double check everything,

especially security and I'd like to think it's kept me safe for many years.

Looking after my mrs is a full time job and without my 'crutch' to lean on life would be nigh on intolerable,

I'm on it all day every day and if that makes me an addict of some form or other, so be it...couldn't give a shite...

• Like 12

Yeah I think paranoid can be useful. Helps to dot your i’s and cross your t’s. Once when I got greedy on edibles I thought I was having a heart attack. I wasn’t at that time but had a cardiac incident a few months later and was hospitalised, caused by other substances not the weed.

If I’d listened to weed panic attack, I could have probably avoided it and changed my lifestyle. It’s like your subconscious telling you things that you don’t want to listen to.

And also environment is defo a big thing. I got paranoid when I first smoked star dawg in an urban environment as I was used to more chilled weed. But then I started smoking on mountain bike in countryside and it was really fun zero paranoia. Got me tuned into to nature :yinyang:

• Like 2

Sorry to double post on phone and can’t work out how to quote, I’m going to be making my own edibles from my own oil from bought weed till i finish my current grow. I’ve got a kind of system to clean it up with a hexane water wash which according to the future42.. american site will remove PGRs. But I’m not sure about the synthetics that might have been sprayed on…But it definitely motivates me to finish my grow so I know my meds are clean.

• Like 2

Ive been taking cannabis well over fifty years now and am still waiting for for some negative effect that everybody assures me is going to happen! Take it easy.

• Like 8

Great topic this

Very interesting 

A question I have, 

Would it be better to just to stick to medium thc strains, or 1:1 thc/cbd strains, to maybe reduce anxiety, paranoia attacks 

• Like 2

@Celtic voyager  That totally depends on the strains and the person, I've had weed that was 4% THC and 16% CBD and after a couple of pulls it felt like I was having a Hart attack everytime, and on the flip side had strains that are heavy THC and less 1% CBD and really enjoyed the effects.

I also like to combine the two from separate strains to make my own ratios and find what works for me. Trial and error really :yep:

• Like 4

There used to be this Stardawg going around my way a couple of years ago and that didn't agree with me too, I think it might have been a Sativa leaning cut, two pulled on a blunt and my heart was racing lol

• Like 2

@Military Grade

I just smoke occasionally, mostly indica/kush strains, for chronic rheumatoid arthritis, for the pain.

Some strains I grew, gave me a bit of anxiety and paranoia, 

Hence my question, would/could the cbd balance out the thc effects

If that makes sense 

• Like 3

@Celtic voyager  Some can help a little bit but not always, some can make it worse by enhancing the effects you're getting from the THC.

I do have some CBD concentrates at hand sometimes they take the edge off or help speed up the passing of the initial racey stage and get you to the relaxing bit quicker.

It's a very mixed bag of results when mixing THC and CBD, there's still a lot of dated misinformation being put out in online articles and such.

• Like 2

The Widow I used to get off Pepe made me a bit skitty for the first few days, was bloody nice though. Never really found anything that made me like that again until I started on edibles.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, twigs said:

i find its generally outside forces and commitments that can effect how my high effects me

living in packed, built up areas and feeling constrained by fake, upper, middle, working class ‘acts’ and impositions 

being downtrodden, payed just enough to survive in the old paranoid system of oppression etc lol 

it’s why i think, as people, we feel better left alone in the woods or by the sea with seemingly infinite space and a more level playing field in ‘nature’ ..a holiday

it’s why we feel better ‘on holiday’

people in the uk are forcibly made to feel different if you smoke weed too, that doesn’t help lol 

booze and fags are much more of a problem mentally and they actively kill you!

having a head wobble smoking weed is feck all compared to creeping mental illness and death lol 

skin up! lol 

what you said...

everyone needs time with "their own thoughts"

......instead of being blissful about life, like we are taught..

it's all about the pile ..eh..:notworthy:

not :)

• Like 3

I do believe some people aren't meant for weed, but not necessarily because of the chemical make up of the plant. Like some others have said, it's almost shamanic, like a guiding voice. 

Now let's say that voice is shouting at you in an indecipherable language... that'll fuck with you right? That's more what I mean. Some people can't decipher what it's trying to tell them, and then further exacerbates their issues. My cousin is a prime example. Sadly he has schizophrenia and aspergers, he loves a smoke but it just doesn't agree with him. It ramps up his delusions and emotional response, and I can only assume from my own experience, that it's because it's tuning him into his internal monologue, as I find it does with me, and because he's not exactly the most insightful fella, it overwhelms him and triggers bad responses.

That being said, I can't hack edibles to save my life lol I still have 8 cookies worth of batter in the freezer, I ate one whole and curled up in bed hallucinating I was having my back operated on. 

Long story short, I'd say evaluate what's going on in your life, what your wants/needs are from weed and if they align. If they don't, fall down the rabbit hole about different strains, terps and entourage effects and all the combos you could possibly make, but remember to remain tethered to your reality outside of all this.

• Like 2

On 11/08/2023 at 11:21 PM, thekingofobsolete said:

Paranoia comes naturally with most narcotics.....so does anxiety  tbh  I've smoked dope for 41 yrs and I'd have episodes of  para that would last from a few day's  sometimes week's :yes: but I say but I've always been a gutsy fuka  smoking a bong hitting over an ounce weekly lol I started smoking dope back in 1982 I was 14 beforebefore The dope I smoked fags players number 6 mainly in school, I'd buy 5 fags from the local shop age 12 at 20p per 5 they came with 1 match poked in the end of the fag to light the fuka up :doh: the local shop made a killing on us kids as 10 pack was 28p lol the thing is with paranoia it creeps up on you,the more narcotics you use the worse it gets,its a case of keeping your head when everyone around you losing theirs head strong is where its at,I also grew dope for 41 yrs until I had to quit 19 weeks ago, tbh now being straight narcotics free its a massive difference in head space I used to go weeks on an episode para about burning the gaff down to the ground whilst sleeping at night with all my setups running, yes I had to fires in my career do to being stoned and forgetting my shit:doh: but that never stopped me growing possibly if it wernt for my dogs back then i might be dead lol they woke me 1 morning to the gaff ablaze I mean ablaze :chains: to this day it still scares me looking back as it was a flat sat above a potential bomb,anyway in 41 years of smoking dope I never had a dream that I remembered, 19 weeks ago duw to unforeseen circumstances i was forced to quit growing/ smoking dope ......long story since then im now getting the most vivid dreams one could imagine some quite scary lol  the thing is with paranoia ya got to learn to deal with it its only in your head :yes: as for Constable maclagen fuk him we not on this ball to be judged by any cunt imho,on the other hand when i smoked dope the anxiety was quite full on,I always felt like I was on the starting blocks ready for take off and I never understood why lol I've now been narcotics free fir several months and my headspace  feels more in control maybe it's as I've no worries anymore or that my brain is working in normal fashion lol the thing is with any narcotics there's always a chance in mentality wether we like it or not, my advice is keep off the marching powder and chill the fuk out..... or btw leave them shrooms where they are and never boil them :hippy:

The nightmares when quitting are really bad, vivid and scary, after a few weeks they seem to settle into normal dreams that are more enjoyable and you almost look forward to having a kip and a dream!.

Mad, but I never remember any dreams when blazing...

And deffo knock the sniff. .. really bad shit imo.

Ez bud :yinyang:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, L3D said:

The nightmares when quitting are really bad, vivid and scary

That's interesting. I've gone on a health kick and stopped both alcohol and smoking dope for a while and my dreams are just crazy...  as you say very vivid and some quite unpleasant. But dreams notwithstanding, I'm sleeping more deeply than I ever have. Am very much missing getting stoned and listening to music though.

Just to be relevant to main thread. I also suffer from anxiety, mostly social anxiety and have since I was a small kid. I deal with it with alcohol and being unfriendly.  :-)  If I smoke/eat too much dope the anxiety/paranoia can kick in big time, so I am very careful about amounts I take and the type (pure sativa does me right in). It's not debilitating though and I've lived a full life.

• Like 1