Light cycle seedlings?

i normally just do 18/6 from the start, 24hrs light would probably be wasted energy, the DLI for a seedling can't be that high.

• Like 2

Yeah I have a light on 24/0 until they break the soil surface then switch to 18/6. I think they can stretch a bit more if they breakthrough and the light happens to be off at the time but as soon as they do I switch it.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Banarchylamp said:

Never turned my veg light off:bong:

I should add, there ain't no 9L pot ups in the veg tent:mellow:1L at the most

On 09/08/2023 at 8:17 PM, KC said:

If you veg a plant 24/0 it will still root.

That is why Northern Sweden is covered in trees and Skidoos. 12mths on 12mths off. :unsure:

Personally, I go the 18/6 route so I can veg plants under the same lamp too and save enough money to buy a 1 penny Mojo Chew.

Yum!

• Like 2

I think a couple hours of dark can be beneficial for the plants, but I mostly do everything on 24 for ease and because certain genetics require it.  

Only time bother with lower is if matching daylight hours for moving outdoors or having to stinge on leccy for practical reasons (solar , bills in rental etc.) 

• Like 2