bud rot help

greenvigilante

21 hours ago, GSZZ said:

How close do you have your lamps? When the lights turn off your tops could either be cooling quicker than the pots, or the pots are cooling quicker than the tops, both of which will cause issues that could lead to bud rot. One of those IR gun things will help, so you can nip in when the lights turn off and see if either of those things are happening and act accordingly. If your lamps are too close, the heat they output when they turn off can cause the problem and thats a simple fix.

or, it could just be a genetics thing alot of stuff now is facked - all foliage transpires even the little sugar leaf, if thats mostly engulfed in a super tight bud that moisture just collects inside the flower. Theres things you can do, like vertical columns of air from fans help to move moisture away from the tops better than horizontal columns of do - infact horizontal can actually make the issue worse as it creates more microclimates.

sorry for quoting but forum is playing up with the @s

ive highlighted some things i think might be happneing

mate my lamps arnt that close but i have always wondered about how i heat my tent at night...... i ahve 3 tube heaters at the bottom that come on 15 mins before lights off to heat up before lights go out? but as u say that would mean tops get hotter before lights off.... should my heaters come on right at lights out. like the second they go off?

then theres the circulation fans that i thought were good as they were ac infinity ec fans but as the other guys have pointed out they may be small for my room

9 hours ago, mikeydoughnut said:

If yer watering 4 times a day perhaps cut or push the final watering forward. I always have a 3/4 hour cut off time for watering. 

Not sure what goes on in my house but humidity is a reyt bastard. I have my extract fan going at a good clip. Basically I create a hurricane. Not seen rot in a good while. 

hey mate aye my house seems to be a humidity trap

my extract fan is all good but i think as the guys have pointed out i may need to up my circulation game up a bit

see yer 4 hour cut off time? is that 4 hours before lights out? or u water multiple times over a 4 hour period?

Sometimes it can happen when your tops are in the hot-spot danger zone - high temp swings causing dew point issues. Nothing worse either than having sauna like conditions at lights off. Needs to be like a snake tank in there.