outdoor veg, indoor flower, sativa advice please!

sylvatican

I've got this Seedstockers golden lemon haze in 30 litres plant Magic outdoors at the mo. It's been out since end of May, ish... London latitude.

I know this pheno has a looong flowering time (about 14 weeks when I grew it in a tent over winter) so my plan has always been to stick it in my tent once my autos finish 2 or 3 weeks from now. It's a 60x60cm tent, 250W hps.

My trouble is it's gone a bit mad on the stretch, more than it did under lights!

I have a total of about 1.5 feet growing room above the screen once it's in the tent, and it's already nearly 1 foot above the screen in places. The tallest stems are those around the outside, which have stretched up to 5 inches between nodes, so I've just fimmed them to slow them a bit, and let the middle tops that areonly 6 inches above the screen catch up.

As it's outside I don't know how far into flower she is, there aren't many preflowers yet...

Obviously I need to clear everything below the screen. Is it also worth defoliating, particularly the tallest stems? Or even thinning out some of the more crowded areas? I know this sativa heavy pheno doesn't get thick chunky buds, so I was going to let it have a few more colas anyway. They're long and thin with neverending foxtails later into flowering

Any advice appreciated, I usually grow autos, am fairly inexperienced with photos and scrogs. Cheers all....

Without seeing photos I can only guess. But, you could consider cropping enough of the buds (mini super crop) so the plant will fit into your tent. A haze strain will generally tend to be a taller plant and take longer to finish.

• Like 1

I grew 3 of them last year and I didn't get any fox tailing at all, just normal buds and mine finished at the start of October.

Edited by Arbre Medicinal
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Arbre Medicinal said:

I grew 3 of them last year and I didn't get any fox tailing at all, just normal buds and mine finished at the start of October.

Interesting, cheers. I've grown several of these now, most seem to finish in 10-12 weeks under lights, including a really busy indica type pheno with fat leaves. This particular pheno takes ages, but has the most lemony smell of any I've grown and is a lovely smoke. Much more resistant to spider mites and thrips than the others too, side by side in a tent, they left this alone almost completely!

I've got one of the bushy phenos planted outdoors too, nice to know it should finish as I wasn't sure.

What about schwazzing/trimming this one though? It can't be left outside to flower unfortunately...