best non-organic nutrients???

gandras

Growing in Soil (Biobizz light mix) ands currently using Biobizz range: Grow, bloom, fish mix and top max. But this time i decided to try something else, is it worth it? Will non-organic nutrients make a difference on potency/yield? What's your opinion on that? What brand do you think is best?

Thanks!

Just now, gandras said:

is it worth it?

if you are getting good results and no deficiencies then why change imo, i only ever changed from biobizz because i have shitty water and constantly had issues with cal and mag def.

i'm using growers ark, but it's no different to biobizz imho for plant health

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ratdog said:

if you are getting good results and no deficiencies then why change imo, i only ever changed from biobizz because i have shitty water and constantly had issues with cal and mag def.

i'm using growers ark, but it's no different to biobizz imho for plant health

results are average let's say.

As far as i know biobizz is organic nutrients, so my main question would be is will non-organic nutrients make a visible difference to potency and yield? :) 

I switched from Biobizz years back but for a good while I ran Biobizz and Canna, on separate plants but same room. You could tell a difference on some strains, not saying one was better than the other but my blue cheese always seemed a lot darker on Biobizz. Yield and potency weren't much different, or at least not that I noticed. I like Canna though, it's just so easy. I used to get through loads of pipettes with Biobizz whereas canna has the squeezy bottle thing. 

You only need 1 of the 1 litre bottle then you can buy the big ones and save loads of money. The 5 litre ones last me ages and you rarely need the vega if you're potting up, I just use it for the first 10days of flower. Obviously with Biobizz you have to use biogrow all the way through. 

Edit-led lighting made a massive difference to my yield

Edited by KC
The edit
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fatboy77 said:

Same same but different.

I personally prefer the taste of weed I've grown in coco with salt nutes over my soil grown organic.

I think that says more about the fact I'm a better grower in coco than it does about the nutes. 

If you want a bigger yield and are thinking of trying salt nutes, why not use coco too?

Coco's faster.  So assuming you're optimising your space you'll get a similar yield, but quicker.

am i right that in coco you need to water everyday? 12L pots.

Edited by gandras

Not often mentioned, but training tops to be level knocks out the highest yields that I've seen at home and on t'internet. That could be by bending, scrogging, etc. Artificial light intensity diiminishes rapidly with distance, so it makes sense to bring all the  productive parts of a plant into the 'goldilocks' light zone.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 4

Just now, catweazle1 said:

Not often mentioned, but training tops to be level knocks out the highest yields that I've seen at home and on t'internet. That could be by bending, scrogging, etc. Artificial light intensity diiminishes rapidly with distance, so it makes sense to bring all the  productive parts of a plant into the 'goldilocks' light zone.

yes i do topping and LST also :) cheers anyway!

• Like 1

Gandras: If you add synthetic ferts, the plants may well respond quicker, as it's immediately available, but you'll alter the soil environment and you'll probably have to manually take over the management of the soil conditions if things go awry, and over-doing it also becomes a risk. As mentioned, better to just go coco and taking on the full responsibly of managing the media. If you don't use the highest levels of nutes, it's quite possible to just water every couple of days, except in excess heat. The risk to be aware of is concentrating of the salts through evaporation causing overfeeding symptoms... water well at each watering to flush out the excess as a routine. 20% runoff or so. Watering with the correct level nutes is your way of resetting the medium's conditions... when its either too high or too low. You correctly pH the nutes and ignore it after that. You only measure runoff ec. I haven't measured runoff for ages because I'm used to it. Once you have it down, the only measuring you do is the volume of nutes, which will be the same every time for each growth stage.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ditch the soil and use coco with beanstalk pellets. Not the cheapest but by far the easiest with happy plants. No runoff either, so you won't need to worry about mopping up. Another bonus is that it works with plain tap water, no ph pen, no ec, no mixing just plain ol' wet stuff. 

Perfect for a Blumat Tropf dripper system. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 16/09/2023 at 8:26 PM, Slippy One said:

Ditch the soil and use coco with beanstalk pellets. Not the cheapest but by far the easiest with happy plants. No runoff either, so you won't need to worry about mopping up. Another bonus is that it works with plain tap water, no ph pen, no ec, no mixing just plain ol' wet stuff. 

Perfect for a Blumat Tropf dripper system. 

Looked at this any good thank you please.peace Goohfy.

• 2 weeks later...