Sockets in grow room.

Hazeytones

I've recently had a bit of electrical problems, an rcbo that had blown after a power cut. The electrician said it was most likely a surge when the electric came back on. This has now been replaced and I can get going again.

I'm in an insulated room built within the garage with three double sockets and a central heating radiator. I had tents setup before the electric issue but think I'm going to build my own spaces in the room. 

When I had the tents the mains sockets where outside the tents, but the way I'm wanting to build means a double socket will be located inside the room. Will this be OK? All sockets are above waist height. Just a bit worried about rh causing issues.

the fact the sockets are higher is sensible. If you are concerened by humidity issues, simply use outdoor sockets (ip66) and you'll be good

• Like 1

That's what I was thinking then realised that I wouldn't be able to close the lid with a timer plugged in.

I was thinking of building the room and leaving a gap at the top for the socket, just a bit more hassle than putting up a stud wall and door.