PH to pop seeds?

Air, moisture, warmth  are the requirements. Set pH at whatever you will grow at, but it's not a factor in altering germination potential.

• Like 1

I usually put a seed into tepid tap water and wait for the tap root to show and then into damp soil.

I know my tap water is around 7.5 to 8 Ph but have never any problems popping seeds

Don't think pH is a major factor. New to cannabis but been germinating veg seeds for 20+ years. I use the same method for cannabis seeds as I do for cucumbers and melons - place seeds into damp (not soaking) cotton wool balls. Place cotton wool into a re-seal sandwich bag with some air trapped inside. Then place this onto a cloth, inside a heated propagator or on a heat mat (bag never directly onto the heating surface). Germination takes up to 48 hrs. I never let the tap root get more than 1cm long before planting. If I have very old seeds (as I did this year with 10 year old Scotch Bonnet chilli seeds ), I'll dilute some hydrogen peroxide in the water before wetting the cotton wool. 3 or 4 ply kitchen paper also works well for germination. Warmth, oxygen and water are the 3 key elements I've found. Unless its Eucalyptus (that I grew a few years ago) and a BBQ is pretty much all you need to begin with. 

Thanks guys, at what point do you start feeding seedlings? I am using Growers Ark first feed in Coco. They say the first two weeks at what I think is 5ml/l but the chart on their web site is blurry , or its my eyes.

When I’ve had some very special seeds in past I have mixed distilled water with tap to reduce PH.  Seaweed extract, weak NPK+trace and H202 also help. 

• Like 1