Budbox zipper fix??

Killuminati7

Hey fellow stoners , got a bud box problem, has anyone else ever had this and fixed it, too frightened to open it all the way incase can’t do it up again  :mellow: It’s a startin to piss me off lol large.IMG_4923.jpeg

Seeing as the damage is at the botton, can't you use some thick thread and a leatherwork needle to sew/darn the damaged section permanently closed and sew it together all the way up to where the zip is undamaged? 

You won't ever be able to undo the zip all the way again but it should allow you to finish your grow and stop any bugs/pests or dust getting sucked into your tent. 

Would you be able to get in and out of the tent with only 98% working zip? 

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 2

I feel your pain. The only moving part of a grow-tent fails again.

My neighbor ruined the zip on their tent by being heavy handed. A couple of metre's of blackout sheeting hung down the front of the tent was a temporary fix.

The zips on my Matrix tent don't exactly look like they were sewn by a seamstress either. I make sure the zip is seated well before zipping up.

Budbox are generally well regarded though.

• Like 2

Thanks for your reply’s everyone, I am abit heavy handed :wallbash: but it’s a shame to buy another one will do wot @Saddam said for now as it is letting quite abit of dust, gonna have a look at wot @Boojums link for the long term fix, must be a way gotta be :skin_up: also do any of you run your cf outside tent ok , could do with the room in there ??  :hippy:

• Like 2

My bud box zip is a fucker, not just as bad as that but won't engage properly without a faff about. My homebox all the lining behind the zip crumbled off leaving two nice big sunstrip zips down each side when lights on and the greenqube I had was just riddled with pin holes and the zip backing all fell apart.

I've had to strip my whole room to get a bit of electric work done and really not sure about setting up again in tents if I'm honest they always give bother and I know my bud box will give up completely at the wrong time.

If you can nurse it through this grow you might be better off building something. I was going to go for a hydrolab but this thread has just brought all my doubts about tents back again. There really a quick fix but won't last for ever.

Hope you make it to harvest.

• Like 2

I forgot to say it’s my harvest hanging in this one so it’s not to bad just the dust as I’m in my garage, it will hold my mothers afterwards, I knew it was gonna be totally fucked soon as it’s always been abit funny from new, it’s about 3yrs old , the 4x4 one has been spot on just the small one, am thinking of getting some timber and king span , pboard etc but the bloody prices these days lol , would love to build the whole garage out though, would be awesome :thumsup::yinyang:

9 minutes ago, Killuminati7 said:

Thanks for your reply’s everyone, I am abit heavy handed :wallbash: but it’s a shame to buy another one will do wot @Saddam said for now as it is letting quite abit of dust, gonna have a look at wot @Boojums link for the long term fix, must be a way gotta be :skin_up: also do any of you run your cf outside tent ok , could do with the room in there ??  :hippy:

- Once the teeth are broken like that , I don't know of a fix apart from as others have suggested, putting blackout sheeting over it.

OR you could buy a length  of velcro and make a  removable patch out of light  proof fabric {not ideal, but cheaper than a new tent}

My  tent zip got jammed once on the ''Light guard'' flap next to the zip ~You Tube suggested a pair of  wide pliers to pull out the jammed fabric- worked a treat. 

• Like 1

Just now, Oakapple said:

- Once the teeth are broken like that , I don't know of a fix apart from as others have suggested, putting blackout sheeting over it.

OR you could buy a length  of velcro and make a  removable patch out of light  proof fabric {not ideal, but cheaper than a new tent}

My  tent zip got jammed once on the ''Light guard'' flap next to the zip ~You Tube suggested a pair of  wide pliers to pull out the jammed fabric- worked a treat. 

I just watched a vid about taking the teeth out and putting new ones in made from staples lol I’ll give anything ago 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Killuminati7 said:

I forgot to say it’s my harvest hanging in this one so it’s not to bad just the dust as I’m in my garage, it will hold my mothers afterwards, I knew it was gonna be totally fucked soon as it’s always been abit funny from new, it’s about 3yrs old , the 4x4 one has been spot on just the small one, am thinking of getting some timber and king span , pboard etc but the bloody prices these days lol , would love to build the whole garage out though, would be awesome :thumsup::yinyang:

I wouldn't worry too much then, if you have an old cf cover just stuff it in the gap to keep the dust out.

I'm in the garage too but already built a room out of timber and kingspan that the tents are in. Going forward I'm just going to section my spaces off inside the room, its just awkward having doors in a tight space that's why I found the tents handy. Agree with you on the cost it's cost me a few quid getting the garage to a usable condition.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Killuminati7 said:

I just watched a vid about taking the teeth out and putting new ones in made from staples lol I’ll give anything ago 

Fair play if you can fix it with staples..I love you tube help vids

I put a child lock on my [then new] washing machine by mistake once- couldn't work out how to open it- no one else knew, either.

An Video had a man  in India with the same model as me- and he showed how to unlock it. {definitely not intuitive}..I was so happy!

Saved me a callout charge. 

• Like 1

If the bit right at the bottom Is fucked that’s easy to fix but zip like that is pretty much done. Had a tent go zipper wise years ago so quick fix was one of those adhesive zips hydro shops sell but superglued it on didn’t fancy relying on the sticky part without the glue being added it’s a fix for a while but not permanent. Iv one of those budbox tents there good tents but the zip design always lets it down know of a few folk who have thrown good tents down to just the zipper.

• Like 2

Think that's knackered? Got a heavy duty zip replaced on an awning last year. £65 by a company that repair curtain sides on HGV's. I suppose you could pick up a second hand tent for that though.

• Like 1

The act of changing the zip is quite simple for someone who knows what they're doing... The fact it's attached to a tent is the kicker really... Take up needlework?

I had a lumii lightbox do this , same awful zip configuration, ultimately it was the final nail for that tent unfortunately.

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Mother in law comes to the rescue :thumsup: she gonna gonna fit a new heavy zip with her machine :skin_up:jobs a gud un just gotta buy the zip :yinyang: