Mini Portable Mini Micro Mini Tiny Rosin Press

Gaijin

Hi folks :) 

A mate of mine ordered himself a rosin press online recently. I haven't seen it; he lives up in the big city. Anyway, along with this press came a free gift, which he said he had no need for, and posted it to me. He's a nice fella

So here it is. I found some instructions on YouTube, among them "try and keep your whole body weight on the press for 7 minutes" lollollollol I'm thinking if I used the missus, I'd double the final product :wassnnme: 

I've got a bench vise, but I'm not sure the housing will withstand it. The lid's hinged so a squared-off puck will get pressed to one side and pushed right out the gap, won't it? Does that make sense? lol Not that there's room for much of a puck. 

Thoughts? Comments? 

large.IMG_0051.jpglarge.IMG_0052.jpglarge.IMG_0053.jpg

• Like 4

I'd like to hear other peoples thoughts on this but on the bright side, even if it's not much good you didn't shell out for it.

• Like 1

Oh indeed :) I'm most grateful that someone thought of me 

Just curious what people's thoughts are. I'll test it out in a week or so, probably plop a nice freshly dried Cheese Pie bud in there and see what happens :D 

The devil presses are like a redesigned hair straighteners, probably better than hair straighteners too.

• Like 2

I thought you were meant to use wet material, I'm not 100% sure but I tried pressing dry weed once, it certainly wasn't like any rosin I've ever seen. It was a disc of weed but you could see black patches of resin in it. 

Epic fail on my behalf :thumbdown:

• Like 2

Dried to 62% is what I see on a lot of rosin press channels from the US.

So I did the same but with hair straighteners lol

large.20210604_204459.jpg

• Like 6

Slightly better than hair straighteners, I'd say

Not bad, for the money lol

And ok for a taster of rosin squishing 

You just need some decent baking paper and nug 

Not sure you need the bags for small squishes but they're nice to have 

Ideally you want to check the accuracy and spread of the temps on the plates, if you can, before you jump on it

• Like 2

@KC  The ones I looked at a while back, also US made; they were smashing "top quality" bud, dried. I did wonder about whether you can or rather should press wet flower. I didn't get any further than thinking about it lol But I did wonder if you'd also be pressing out the chlorophyll, etc along with the good stuff. I'm not sure what size micron screen would keep the not so desirable chemicals out of the final product, if indeed that's an issue. I might be overthinking it, of course :D 

That's some nice looking product you got from the hair straighteners @Military Grade:yep: My thoughts about this wee thing are much more positive seeing that

@Hippie on hill I did think the bags were going to have to sit to one side lol Check the plates; I might have an IR thermometer somewhere, I can't recall. If not, I'll think of something, maybe

I was thinking I have some trim I could play around with, but the tiny portions I'd be pressing probably wouldn't have a whole lot in them. I don't know. Never done it before 

Thanks for the comments guys :) 

• Like 3

I have one of those mini presses in the bottom of a box somewhere, wasted oz’s of bud on it. I’ve never had much success pressing flowers and prefer to press kief if I’m doing it. @Gaijin Graveda make good presses and have an U.K. outlet now. Good value and well made, I’ve had one for a while and highly recommend :yep:

• Like 1

Those tarik presses tend to break when you use proper pressure required for a decent yield. Yes they work imho a hair straightener is better as more psi over a smaller area than the tarik. 

• Like 1

Fuckers stole my design :pitchfork:

Thankfully mine doesn't break under proper pressure :george::haveadab:

It is fair fuckin sketchy though lol

:yinyang:

• Like 1

On 08/08/2023 at 5:12 PM, Arthur Mix said:

Those tarik presses tend to break when you use proper pressure required for a decent yield. Yes they work imho a hair straightener is better as more psi over a smaller area than the tarik. 

I will be gentle if I try it out in the bench vice, thanks Arthur :yep: 

On 08/08/2023 at 11:27 PM, BilgePump said:

Fuckers stole my design :pitchfork:

Thankfully mine doesn't break under proper pressure :george::haveadab:

It is fair fuckin sketchy though lol

:yinyang:

tbf yours looked sturdier lol 

On 08/08/2023 at 5:40 PM, sweettooth said:

Thought for a second you got some giant hands but that's your sofa lol

Nah that’s my hands, dude :wassnnme:lol 

I’d be pressing quarter-pound pucks between finger and thumb with those monsters lollollol 

• Like 1