Seed making help?

Skit Rat

I would like to try and get some viable seeds off a plant I'm growing.

Would I spray with colloidal silver what's best ppm?

What week flower best to spray ?

Would the seeds be the same as plant out (fem) or would they be 50/50 male / female?

Would the new seeds need back crossing with the original seed ?

They will be fems. You backcross if you want to nail down the trait you like, so that you need less seeds to find that trait again in the new seeds. You are actually selfing in this case and creating an S1. Backcrossing increases the probability of preserving a trait and helps uniformity between the new seeds. Vigour diminishes, so that's the downside with repeated selfing. I'm not familiar with colloidal silver.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 1

I had a similar thought about 7-8 years ago and looked into making my own colloidal silver, it's fairly easy....the tutorial I used was this...connect 3x 9v batteries to 2 silver wires, immerse the wires in jar of distilled water for 10 hours, job done. this is an extreme simplification of the process but it's easy to find if you search. I spray the selected branch 2x daily a week before flip and for a week after (being careful to not spray anywhere but target branch)....balls will develop and when nearly ripe cut branch and put stem into jar/bottle of water and place on a windowsill not near your growroom. collect and use pollen when it's ready. Used this method 3-4 times and for me works a treat. I generally only dust 1 medium bud for seeds, still can get more fem seeds than you can ever use. Good luck with your endevours!

Not sure exact ppm of stuff I make but iirc 10 hours at 27v gives approx 100ppm according to the tutorial I used, may be well out tho never tested it as it just works fine.

@Skit Rat I've just harvested about 60 fem seeds from a fem auto I grew. Complete novice at cannabis growing so didn't really know what I was doing but did exactly the same as I do for cucumbers (to get feminised seeds) and it worked. I only reversed one plant (which produced both male and female feminised flowers) so the seed count was very low. My next attempt will use 2 plants and I'll reverse one of them.

I made an STS spray and gave the plant a light spray when the plant had its fifth set of leaves (or that's what I should have done but left it a little late). After that, I sprayed 2 more times, 1 week apart - so three light sprays in total. 

I purchased the products to make the spray from ebay and euro car parts. total expenditure came to about £15. I have enough raw materials to make another 5 STS spray solutions.

It's the same spay I've used for 4 years now to produce feminised seeds from cucumber plants and it works perfectly on feminised cannabis plants.

Rather than go through the process, I've since found a video on YouTube on how to make the STS spray. Search for DeBacco University "how to create feminised cannabis seeds". REALLY important to mix the products in the right order and decant into a black or solid colour spray bottle to protect the STS from UV. I use half the amounts shown in this video and I have more than enough for the 3 spray treatments.

large.64cc295e6f27f_Screenshot2023-08-03at23_10_56.pnglarge.64cc295e07367_Screenshot2023-08-03at23_10_23.pnglarge.64cc28fdbc344_Screenshot2023-08-03at23_07_17.png

• Like 1