Thermometer

The Villan

Do any of you growers use a digital thermometer to check water temp before feeding ? If so, any recomendations ?

Vill

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, The Villan said:

That got a probe @stu914 so I can plunge it into the water bucket ?

Yup, a couple feet of lead, probe on the end with a securing rubber sucker if needed.

I have one in each reservoir 24/7, they work a treat...:yep:

Edited by stu914

I use an IR thermometer gun for getting an idea what temperature my bucket of water is at.

My Blulab(bluelab) pH probe measures temp at the same time as pH :) 

Atb

:yinyang:

Well,

I’m not sure if it measures the water temperature or the plastic bucket that the water is in lol 

But it seems to be working out ok for me :) 

Atb

:yinyang:

10L of tapwater  and a 1.7L kettle of hot water puts my water in the low-mid-twenties. Generally if it's neither warm nor cold to touch, that's about right. If it leans towards warm that's fine as well. I do dtw in coco. IR thermometers are great for leaf temps. ph and ec meters have them as well, as said..

• Like 1

i have a combi boiler, and just run the warm water then mix in cold until tepid, then it's good to go

testing water temp? that's another whole level of fuckery lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ratdog said:

testing water temp? that's another whole level of fuckery lol

Exactly, no room for fuckerying it up on this grow..... jars are dangerously low on green matter :)

• Like 1

I was born with temperature sensors all over the surface of my body. I use my hand when filling the buckets, as the kitchen sink's too high for my other probe :D 

What temp range is "about right" for watering? I tend to run the cold water on full, then turn the hot tap on until I feel the temp coming out of the tap rise just a wee bit.

I wouldn't call it lukewarm, or even tepid. "Not as cold as straight cold water" would be the temp I end up with lol 

• Like 1

Well my humistat is set to 24C on the rootingheat mat, so I was thinking 24/25C would be good for water ? Anything cooler to me would just make the humistat kick in and cost more ? I aint bothered that much about water temps, its just that I am in a new environment with the tent and led's being inside the house not outside. I have a soil thermometer that I used the other night in the 5 ltr vessel of water and was quite surprised at just how hot luke warm water is :):)

Vill

I suppose no-one else ever meaures their water temps..... always got to be one eh Lads :) ( usually me ) :)

• Like 1