RQ Special Kush

Guggsy

Hi Folks just wondering if anyone has grown RQ Special Kush #1 outdoors before.

I planted mine 20th May, Although the plant seems to be doing ok, Due to the crappy weather we have been getting I was wondering if I will get anything from it. 

Out door temperatures I think haven't been good for it, as the plant genetics are from a hot climate, and because I thought we were going to have another hot summer, going by all the BS predictions, I chose Special Kush as it would fair ok in the heat. How wrong was I regarding the weather.

I am worried that because the temperatures haven't been great, it slows the plant down, and because I planted last bit of May, I may have been to late, and by the time it starts to bloom it will be to cold.

What are your thoughts.

• Like 2

Have you checked on its progress?

Assuming it's a photo the end of may is fine because it's not gonna start flowering until well after the solstice.

If you're concerned go have a look :skin_up:

:yinyang:

@BilgePump The plant is doing fine apart from the odd yellow leaf at the bottom here and there. I am growing it in a pot in my garden. I have never done a Photoperiod before, I thought I'd give it a go this year. Usually been Autos over the last 4 years. 

large.64bfd7db6ad21_Specialkushphotoperiod.jpg

This was a couple of weeks ago. I have removed some of the larger leaves now.

• Like 6

I'm a complete novice at growing this stuff so can't comment on how well your plant is doing (although it looks great to me) but I did germinate an RQ photoperiod, weirdly on the same day as you did. Mine is in the greenhouse but looks to be at a very similar stage to your plant. Forgot what strain mine is but it was a free seed so probably not one of the popular ones. I just have a constant daily battle trying to keep the bloody thing from growing out of the roof windows in the greenhouse. As you can see from the condensation, my biggest issue apart from the mass of the thing is humidity. If I could get the plant outside, I would.

large.64ca55665bada_cbd28234.jpg

• Like 5

That choisya ternata is lovely! Is it Sundance? Bet it smells great....

That plants fine, it'll start sorting itself out to flower in the coming weeks

:yinyang:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Guggsy said:

@disco survivor can you get some fans in their or open up windows/vents.

All windows and vents are open. The plant suffering the most is next to the open door. I'm still loving this new growing experience though and will be back next year, Stronger and hopefully wiser. Was looking to adapt the greenhouse for next year but have decided to build one from scratch with discreet frosted polycarbonate rather than glass. :yep:

• Like 3