What to do with the lower Buds

Guggsy

Hey folks just looking for suggestions for my Autos lower buds.

My Autos are coming to the end of their flowering stage, and will be ready to harvest in a few weeks. But my question is this, what about the lower buds that haven't fully developed and still have white pistals showing, what do people do with them. I have never done any LST, I just let them grow as they are, outdoors in pots.

I have this problem each year. Am I supposed to harvest the ripened Kolas and then leave the unripened buds for a few more weeks. Or just havest the ripened Kolas and then throw the rest of the unripened buds  away along with the harvested plants. Considering they are Autos, so once the plants life cycle is over, will those lower buds still come good, as the rest of the plant has been harvested. Or just cut them off when I harvest the plants, and dry and smoke as normal. Any suggestions.

• Like 1

I tend to give my autos a bit of a trim about half way through which gets rid of most of the smaller stuff but any non 'A' grade flower gets made into canna honeey and it's amazing

Edited by 5Lip
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, 5Lip said:

I tend to give my autos a bit of a trim about half way through which gets rid of most of the smaller stuff but any non 'A' grade flower gets made into canna honeey and it's amazing

Mate how is one producing the Honey ?     Very interested ,  the old girl that normally does our honey is poorly and we will have a fair bit to utilise soon.  

PM if its easier ,  thank you , 

• Like 1

I'm no expert but this is how I make it....

Put ANYTHING frosty and unwanted on a baking try on some parchment paper and cover in foil and put on the lowest oven setting for 15-20 mins (decarboxylation)

In the meantime i fill the slow cooker 2/3 full of boiling water and put on low setting, you can put a jar of honey in to warm while the buds are in the oven. 

Pour the warm honey into a lager glass jar and add the material, give it a good mix and put back into the slow cooker and leave for as long as you dare (I normally wait 24 hours)

Find yourself a funnel, I use one for pouring oil into a car and line it with muslin cloth (or your missus thick tights) and when your ready pour the warm (the warmer the better) mixture into the funnel and let it drip / filter back into the original honey container.

HIDE AWAY FROM ANY CHILDREN / ANIMALS and add to oats in the morning / tea / coffee going easy to start.

I love the stuff in coffee

• Like 3

@5Lip    Sweet mate , thanks :yep:      I will do it the same as my butters then in Vac Sealed bags and leave it going overnight.     

The ninja pot gets a beating on butters with vac pack bags  ,   willget the good lady to  grab some honey and get busy ,  will keep you posted on the outcome :george:

Thanks again sir

• Like 1

For what it's worth, I make a lot of cannahoney, it's a great night cap when added to a herbal tea, however I've stopped filtering, I like it rustic and don't mind a bit of material in my tea.

Nothing goes to waste :yep: